Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 10, 2006

June 29, 2006


We had the family meeting yesterday and although Dr L doesn't seem as positive as we are I'm still holding on to my hope and the fact that Aiden is a fighter. They started him on Hydrocortizone which has gotten him off the Dopamine and has kept his blood pressure pretty ok. His O2 has also been stable today at 40%, but right now he is at 31% which is good. His lungs per the meeting have not gotten better but haven't gotten any worse and his electrolytes and platlets are good too. This give us the impression that there my not be dead bowel or intestines, but just a hole or holes which we are hoping will heal over and fix themselves. That way they can feed him some breastmilk and he can maybe feel a bit better. They also got a pik line in today since they had to take the other one out due to the yeast infection, but this one is not in his leg, it's in his head. i'm just glad they got one in. Maybe this is the start of a good streak. On top of this, all his cultures have been negitive for the yeast.. GREAT!!
His lungs need to hold up and repair some. No more infections and i pray his belly/gut will heal with out surgery. Strong lungs, healthy tummy, good levels, great O2 and no more blown IV's.. this would be my perfect world right now.
Let's get my peanut better so he can come home with his mommy and daddy!!!

I'm at my night visit and Chuck stayed home to do some things around the house since it has been so neglected. Aiden looks so tired tonight his BP is fluttering in the 20's and 30's. The 30's is where we want it but it keeps hanging out in those damn 20's. The night nurse is talking about them putting him back on the Dopamine, but she has never had Aiden before so she doesn't know that this is he routine. Not a good one but it's what he seems to do. I am hoping he will pop back up as usual and all will be fine.. NO DOPA...
I wish Micky or Cat or Liz were here. I just get antsy when he has a nurse who doesn't know him..
As I sit by his bed and just look at him, I can't help but see Andrea and Neill holding there baby boy Beau who is just 12 days older then Aiden. He was also born a 24 weeker. She's been holding him since he was two weeks old. Inside I am happy for them but so jealous. Aiden is 18 days old and not even close to being held yet. I long for that so badly. I want to cry again. It's so hard to feel him in your belly moving and then give birth to him and not be able to hold him. I just want to cuddle him and make him all better. Now with a new IV in his head I can't even cradle him with my hands. It's just a really helpless feeling. It breaks my heart.

No comments: