Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July 18, 2006


Today started off as a tired morning. I could not get out of bed for nothing. Until I said to myself, "the sooner you get up the sooner you can see peanut" so up I got! LOL
Then it went down hill, UGH!!! I wanted to be in no later then 2, and for other reasons I won't vent about I didn't get in til 4. The nurse on this morning was ummm not to my liking so to speak. She didn't answer questions, kinda went around them, and talked to me like I was two. I hate that so much. Then I was annoyed because she only took Aiden's BP once her entire shift and that was at 8am. HELLO.. the order is every 4 hrs, how hard is that to follow. It's obvious she hasn't had him before, and hopefully doesn't again. Then his night nurse was nice but I think the little babies make her more nervous. However she gave me a heart attack when she unhooked his breathing tube to weigh him (twice) then again later that night to move something around.. AHhhhhh.. Sometimes I wonder what goes on when your not looking. Something I don't want to think about it. Don't get me wrong, I know Aiden is at one of the best hospitals in the world for preemies, but as in every place there are some that just scare you. Tonight I was scared, and annoyed to a degree with a few things.
Aiden's belly is also now 23cm and it's obvious he has a blockage in his intestines, so talks are to do a test where they put a barrium or somthing like it in and see how far it travels. They might actually do it tomorrow. I really nervouse about this, it's on the same page as feeding him. I'm scared. I just want him to be ok, for the problem to be very minor and an easy fix. Please all pray pray pray.. Pray for Aiden and Beau and let them make it past all these damn hurdles.

BUT the HIGHLIGHT of the night... It made my entire day so much better.. We got to Kangaroo.. OMG what a feeling. They place the baby skin to skin and he just slept like he was on a cloud. His vital signs were great and it was the best thing ever since all this has happened. I look forward to many more nights of holding my peanut.
I only got about an hour, and man did it fly, but it was the best hour of the day. Gradually we will get longer periods of time.. Woo Hoo, and with the test maybe tomorrow, I am glad I got to hold my boogah first, just to give him that little extra love, so he knows his mommy and daddy are there. And I wanted to say thank you to Andrea (Beau's mom) for taking the pics for me. (today was the one day i didn't have the cam) So thank you Drea...

they also gave Aiden lasik today to get rid of some of that fluid... i knew him weighing in at 1010 grams was a lot now he is back down to 950 (about 2 lbs).. but still looks filled out (not puffy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best photo 2006!! You get the award! What a joy it must have been for you to finally have your wee one in your arms! I'm happy for all of you! The prayers and love continue to flow in your direction!

Kim said...

Isn't Kangaroo Care amazing?! So glad that Aiden tolerated it so well--hopefully that will mean that you get to do it frequently :)

As far as that bonehead nurse goes--make a request to the nursing director that she not be assigned to your son again. They should respect your wishes and then that's one less thing you will have to worry about.