Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

July 10, 2006

Although everything was great last night while we where there, later on his BP starting acting up. it waslingering in the 20's and when I called this morning at 5am the nurse said she was checking with the doc to see what he wanted to do. Other then that everything else was fine. I told her to please call me if there are any issues.

No calls and that is a good thing. I called Liz to check on him at noon and as I am talking to her she says Jess call me back Aiden just pulled out his tube...
He's learned a new trick (from his little buddy Beau) He actually got up the energy to turn his head all the way around to the other side and pull the breathing tube out. When Liz looked at him it was sitting on his cheek.
Liz called me back about 30 mins later (as I was about to call her) and all was ok. They got a new tube and Dr P put it back in. So no pulling out your tube ya monkey.. Geeesh
Another change is he is back on the dopamine (AGAIN) They started him at 7am and are once again hoping to ween him off. They are also going to try breaking his hydro up in 3 doses rather then 2. Maybe that will help out too. On a good note his last gas was really good and they lowered his setting on the jet again. his baby gram showed some improvment of the cycstic part of his lung. Good Good Good.. It also showed a lot of air still in his intestines, now more over to the left then the right. I'm not sure what this means. Ijust stay as positive as I can.
Aiden looked very comfy today though and when he was awake he was alert and would stare at me. :) As I had that thought Mr "I look so peaceful" just decided to try and turn his head and pull his tube out again. Not once but twice! The out come was trying to reposition him and then a bolus of fent to make him more relaxed.
I hate the thought of medicating a baby to keep him "relaxed". In your head you know babies are suppose to wiggle and giggle, but I know for now he has to be still as possible so it's for the best. The more he relaxes, the better the jet works and the more recoop time his lungs get. Also the rest of his body. They say your bodyheals best when your sleeping. Sleep well peanut..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»