Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

July 13, 2006


It's 4:25am and I just called in to check on my peanut. He's doing good. They still haven't been able to ween him lower or off the dopamine (BP meds). but they haven't had to increase the amount higher. They also changed his vent again to another version of the conventional vent because his blood gases where so good. All I can say is lets keep up this hill Aiden. Tomorrow is another day and every day is one step closer to getting better. Sleep well peanut and know mommy loves you.

I called at 12:30 and Aiden's nurse said other then his blood pressure he was doing well. That they had to up his BP meds a bit. She also said surgery came by and took another look and took out the stitch holding in the drains so they can work there way out. Well what a day for peanut, finally they are coming out and we can move on and hope for some better days. If only we can get this BP problem resolved. I'm headed in to see him about 4 so I'll update then.

Well I got in to see Aiden at about 4:30 and stayed all day til 11:30 pm.. His blood pressure is out of wack. i don't know what it going on tonight but something has got to work for him. The drains are out completely. Surgery came by again tonight while I was there and said the color of his belly looks the best he has ever seen it. That's good news! They took the leads off his head from the seizure monitor and hopefully we will have the results of that soon too, but none of the nurses he has had noticed any kind of seizure activity so we are hopeful.
Major problem tonight is his damn BP. He was at .7 for the dose when the day started and worked his way up to .8 when i got there at 4:30, then worked up to .9 by 7pm and by 11 was at 1.6.. He can only go as high as 1.8 and I don't know what happens from there. I'm getting really nervous. I also talked to the surgon about the course of action they will take concerning Aiden's belly. Will they attempt to feed him, or do a barrium run or right to surgery?? He said they will most likely do a feed attempt but not until he is off the BP meds and is stable. Somthing else to work toward. Poor little man has so much to work on. I just pray that his BP stabilizes tonight and they can ween him down on the dopa.. He's come so far and fought so hard, just give the little man a break already. Right now I am waiting for Chuck to get home, since I was there all night and he didn't get there until he got out of work, he stayed a while longer. I am hoping when he gets home which should be soon he will tell me that Aiden went down on the med. If I don't hear from him soon I am going to call and if Aiden's BP doesn't get better then I am going to go back in and sit there for awhile longer. I know I can't do anything but I can be there for him and maybe that will help. I'll try anything..
So keep them prayers coming everyone. We are using them up as they come in. Please pray for Aiden and his little friend Beau. They are going to grow big and strong so they can bother you all and drive you nuts later.. (I look forward to them days)

I just talked to Chuck he is on his way home, Aiden's BP is not good still. they are now at 1.7 and also are giving him a blood transfusion to see if that helps.. i don't understand it. Why is he not responding to the domamine.. What's going on?? What's wrong???
Well we are going to give it a few hours and call in to check on him and see if the blood helps. If it's still low I think I am headed back in, I know I am not going to be able to sleep now. I'm too worried.. I just want him to be ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You GO Aiden!!! Keep up the good work! We're all pulling for you, little man!

Anonymous said...

Me and Ben will be up there on the 27th to see you, Chuck and Aiden We are all praying for him. Seems like he is getting stronger everyday. He's a trooper!!! He'll pull out of this and be a strong, healthy young boy!!!!He has to, he's my nephew.
Can't wait to see all of you.

Love,
Bob, Norma and Ben

Anonymous said...

Kisses to you sweet Aiden....with lots of prayers that each day will continue to be an improvement on the day before! On the whisper of those prayers I send my love to you all.
~ Gommie ~