Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July 4, 2006

Happy 4th of July Mr. Man!!
I talked to CC this afternoon and she said he was doing good today. The doc decided not to taper his hydro and other then that all is the same. I did ask her about his belly and she said it was now 18 cm. (See i knew it was different) so they are going to watch it.
We didn't get to visit this morning, and that bothered me because I have always gone twice a day, but with the holiday traffic and some roads closed i knew it was going to be a rough day getting there. We got in about 7pm and the update was his day was good but his BP was a bit low. He was getting blood and the hydro so that should help. however his belly was now measuring 19 cm. UGH.. .This worried me until she said the baby gram showed he has air in his intestines. I am hoping this is a good sign and will travel through and show no dead spots. Since the air doesn't seem to be escaping into the abdomen this may be a possiblility. So maybe the holes healed over. I can hope right? Fingers crossed.
The flew by they idea of putting him back on the conventional vent again, but this time it was strange. It was for the sole benifit of us being able to hold Aiden. Now granted I want to hold him in the worst way, but not at the risk of his health and if we put him back on the conventional vent we are risking blowing a hole in his lungs. So the obvious decision from us was to keep him on the jet until his lungs show improvment. I am still stunned that they would even run that idea by us. Who in the world would risk there childs life just to hold them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»