Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

July 14, 2006


It's now 2:30 am and it is taking every ounce I have in me to "sit and wait" and not drive back to the hospital. I just called to check on Aiden and they have moved him up to the max amount of dopamine he can get and they are giving him a blood transfusion to see if that helps. I'm lost right now, why isn't this working. He finally got them damn drains out, he's on the new vent and it's working great, his lungs look a better and his blood gases have been spot on. They have been amazed at how good he is doing on the new vent too. Now this,, now his BP has to act up and be the worst it has ever been,, UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!.. I'm panicing now and need to calm down. They have to fix this. Please god let this problem heal, let Aiden be ok. Please, I'm begging here.
I'm going to check on him again at 4.. I'm praying with all my might that something kicks in and starts working..
4am update, I finally feel asleep, I think by about this time I had no choice, my body was going to sleep if I wanted to or not, which is fine with me. Chuck woke me to let me know that Aiden was hanging in there. It took a while but the blood tranfusion was helping a little and his BP was hangin in at about a means of 30. (Still not what we want considering all the dopamine they are pumping in) But I will take it and hope it pops up and they can lower the meds)
9am update, I just called to check on him again. Liz got to lower the dopamine again before she left her shift at 7am he is now at 1.5 They just got him all situated and took a babygram, and his lungs looked good. They had to retape his tube because it needed to be adjusted but this is a normal thing at least he didn't pull it out or anything like that. Surgery came by again and talked to the attending. They have decided to D/C his antibiotics and see what happens. Now we just need to get him off the dopamine and stabilized so he can get fed. They said today once they get him off it they are going to attempt to feed him. An exciting and a scary moment. I want him to be able to eat but I am so scared that "what if something happens?" I sure don't want him to have to go through more trama. He's had enough already!

I went in this afternoon about 12:30 and had a short visit, Aiden was doing better. Yippeee!
Then I actually went out and had some mommy time (me and beau's mom caught a movie)
I went back to the hospital after that, and stayed until 12:30 tonight, so we had a long visit today (7.5 hrs) He was doing ok though. His belly looks good, his O2 levels are good, and his on lower dopamine for his blood pressure. He is however still higher then he was 48 hrs ago, but hopefully somthing will pan out and he will get off it soon.
It was a good day with Aiden today and now I am exhausted. Tomorrow is another day, and 1 day closer to getting better, so until tomorrow.

No comments: