Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 17, 2006

July 17, 2006

Aiden had a peaceful night and a peaceful day today. I went to see him and got there about 2:30 and didn't get him til past 1am.. so we had about a solid 10 hr visit. It was great, time flies when your happy. And I can say that i am happy. I still worry abot his BP, but not seeing the number on the screen is strange. Sometimes I don't know if I should worry cause we can't see it, or not to worry cause we can't see it. They now take it by a cuff every 4 hrs but from experience, I tend not to trust the baby cuff. Either way, things seem to be going well right now. We are still very concerned about his gut still but we truley won't know more til they attempt to feed him. That may be by the end of this week. They started weening his pain meds and want him close to off of them by feeding time if possible. Then the ride begins. We also have a family meeting with Dr P on thursday at 2pm so we can touch base and see how things are progressing. Then come Aug 1st a new attending is on. That makes it difficult when people are changing all the time. They are there a month then gone. It's stressful sometimes.
Aiden now weighs in at a whopping 2 pounds 4 ounces as of tonight, however due to the gas in his belly (and there is a lot of it) and fluid I'm sure he is retaining right now, he's probably only about 2 pounds in actual weight, but boy is he filling out. He looks so much bigger to me and so cute.. I know he's my son but he really is cute..
So all I can soy for now is it was a good day and tomorrow is a new one. Every day is one day closer to coming home. So make sure every one prays for my little peanut and his little friend Beau. Can't wait for them to get big and play together. (Andrea we are in trouble)
Sleep well peanut, and grow strong, Mommy loves you! xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a trooper!! Getting stronger everyday. Can't wait to see you all. Hang in there as we are all pulling for you little guy.

Love,
Uncle Bob,Aunty Norma, and Cousins Ben and Brian

Anonymous said...

Oh, so many precious photos! I love them all! And yes, Jess, I agree...he's filling out and is very much a little cutie! I am so happy to read that he has gained some weight - however little, it's still a lot for a little peanut! Keep up the good fight Aiden! Be well! Be strong! Live long! My love and prayers are with you!
Hugs and kisses -
Gommie