Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 26, 2006

We had our meeting today with the surgons and it went well. We got a lot of questions we wanted answered, finally. What the "plan" was and the time frame being the key question.
Aiden is still hanging in there. He's such an angel, making silly faces and just looking at you and watching you. It's the best. He is now on 3 antibiotics until his WBC comes back as normal and also got a test done to check for a UTI. But all in all he seems comfy and very happy.

A bonus today is we got to kangaroo for 3 hrs. I was so excited and Aiden did great. My mom & dad (Nonny & Pops) came in to visit for a bit, and Nonny will be back tomorrow to spend some time with us. I miss my mom, so I'll be happy to see her. It seems I don't get to see her as often as I like too with all that is going on.

Aiden's weight is now 1260 grams (about 2 lbs 11 1/2 oz) He is almost double his birth weight. I know some of this is fluid gain but it is strange to see him so big already and at the same time still so tiny.

In the meeting today the surgon said to me that he never thought we would be having a conversation about Aiden after the NEC issue. He in all honesty didn't think Aiden would make it. He said he is a remarkable and very strong little boy. I was so proud of him at that very second, and my reply back was, I told you he is my little superman. He is my idol, and as little as "he" is, I look up to him.

Show them how it's done little man.. Keep laughing and smiling and be strong. We can't wait for you to come home. We love you!!! xoxo

No comments: