Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 10, 2006

June 11, 2006


I woke up this morning at about 9:30am.. My back is killing me, but i think it's just cause i am laying down so much. Between the futon and the couch and the bed, my sides and back are about to give out. All i can think is only 15 more weeks of this woo hoo.. But you got to do what you got to do and my first priority was Aiden.. Yes that would be his name.. (I had it picked out for a while now) I got up and went pee then on the couch I was for the remainder of the day. i never switched places til I had to pee, so i was doing well at sticking to the rule. Although it sucked so bad to depend on someone else to get you food when they were still sleeping.. UGH.. this was going to be complicated.. So I thought about it and was actually going to call Dr P in the morning and have her admit me to B and W. At least that way it would be a nurse waiting on me and I'd be monitored better then at home and I knew Dr P would be fine with that.
As lunch time rolled in, I was feeling a bit achy. My first thought was some of this seemed very familiar but i debabted if my mind was playing tricks on me. That I may have worried myself into thinking hmm is this what i felt before with Chase??? So i relaxed and stayed on the couch. When noon time came i got up to pee and went to bed. i still was not feeling my best, tired worried, and sore. Then i started getting these feelings. Very faint but there and gone, then there and gone.. So i called the on call and they called me back and told me to go to addmitting at Brighams, so I told Chuck I called and why, took a fast shower (i hadn't had one in 3 days) and off we went.
For the ride there (about 20 mins) i stayed laying down in the car, and 1/2 way there the contractions hit and i knew that they were just that.. CONTRACTIONS!!!
We got to the hospital and i walked into admitting and sat in the chair.. This was at 1:05pm. The lady asked me questions and in between breathing and wanting to kick her for going so slow and asking me dumb questions like what do you do for work and do you feel safe at home, my contractions were getting closer. They were about 2 mins apart.. She finished, i lived and she asked me if i wanted a wheel chair.. YES PLEASE!!! She got me a chair and wheeled me to some office and said they will be right with you. It was now 1:20, at 1:25 they wheeled me in a room, told Chuck they will be right back and told me to undress and put a jonny on. Chuck came in, i put the jonny on and i laid down. I was doing everything I could to not loose it. My mind was going amile a minute, I was so scared, and all I could think about was Aiden.. I could feel him kicking me all over saying Hi mommy, I'm ok, but that made me worry more.. What if they can't stop this? What if they can't save my baby? I asked Chuck to call my mom and tell her what was going on. While he was gone the doc came in and talked to me then said she was going to examine me. Chuck came in the room and the doc took a look.. Then all hell broke loose.

Doc explained that i was fully dialated and she could feel the membrains.. SHe had no idea how my water didn't break in the car on the way here, but that they were about to break any second. She grabed the ultrasound machine to see the baby. his heart rate was great but he was sideways. The next words I heard were C section.. HUH???
Because Aiden was not head down they had to do an emergency C section. She was affraid that if my water broke that the cord would strangle him before they could turn him and get him out since the cord would come out first.. Well that not being an option, I now had 2 nurses, the doctor, anistishia guy, IV guy and chuck all in the 4 by 6 room. One giving me a shot to stop the contractions, one putting in the IV, one having me sign some papers, the doc explaining what they are going to do, and another telling me i am going to be out for it all because they can't do a spinal. As they are now wheeling me to the OR the doc decides that the ones doing the spinal have 3 mins tops to get it in and if not then i am going under. I am hoping they can do the spinal without moving me too much so my water doesn't break.. I really want chuck to be there and if i am out he's can't be. But which ever way makes it safe for Aiden then I am willing to do it.

They get the spinal in, and drape me. My body goes numb.. They bring Chuck in and check to see what I can feel and not feel.. I can't feel anything from my colar bone down.. this is so strange.. Within seconds it seemed we welcomed Aiden Kristopher Russell to the world at 2:22pm he weighed 1 pound 6 1/2 ounces and was 12 1/2 inches long..
I didn't get to see him right away because they took him over to get him all set up. Chuck was very happyhe heard him cry, which is a good thing for such a tiny baby. After they had him swaddled and all done up they wheeled him over so i could peek and wisked him off to the NICU. They then asked if we had a name and I said, along with Chuck, yes, his name is Aiden with and E.. My little peanut was here.
It then took then about 35 to 40 mins to sew me up and I was off to recovery. I still wondered if I was dreaming. Was it possible that all this was just a dream. Until the nurse came in and said they have the baby in the NICU and need to get everthing situated so once they are all set (in about 4 hrs) we could go down and see him. I couldn't wait. I didn't really get to see him when he was born so i was very eager to meet my little boy and tell him how much i loved him.
However since i was in recovery for a while and didn't get my "room" until about 9:30pm it was well over 4 hrs and i was busting at the seems, and still a bit numb, to see my wee one.

It's funny the nurses told us to be prepaired he was little not realizing we had already had a 20 weeker last year so when we i saw him and really got to see him my first comment was "he really is big".. One of the nurses said "big" and then i explained and she giggled and said ok i get it now..

WOW was he cute and amazing and big compaired to Chase but still so tiny. I still to this day can not explain the love i felt and feel for him. Aiden is amazing and beautiful and one of the best things ever given to me.

No comments: