Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July 2, 2006

Happy 3 weeks Aiden!!!

Our visit yesturday turned into a long one. Aiden's BP dipped really low and wasn't coming back up. It went as low as a means of 11. (A perfect means is 31-35) They orders some hydro then fussed over him until it came. Then, because of the low pressure his IV's started leaking and had to be removed. A process I never want to see again. The one in his hand was not big deal, they took it out with no problem and replaced it with out me seeing them stick him. The one in is head, well who ever taped it must have used duct tape. It was stuck to his hair and they had to use adheasive remover to try and get it off with out pulling out his hair. I was there trying to calm him and my heart broke. He just cried and cried, silent cries due to the breathing tube. My poor little man. I wanted to just pick him up and run away. i felt so bad for him. I actually had to walk away at one point because I began to cry. I couldn't bare to see him like that.
Then the IV nurse came to try and put one in his foot. The poor kid, he just got poked and pulled at and now they were going to poke his feet to put another one in.. They tried and couldn't get one in his foot.. Again it was killing me. They ended up putting another one in his head again and got it in on the first try, but my god, all he went through in a matter of hours.. I wanted so badly to trade places with him. I know they were doing what they had to do to help him in the long run, but at that moment they were hurting my baby and that was hurting me.
After they were done I gave him some sugar water on a Qtip (what they call a lollipop) and he loved it! He smiled at me and sucked on that thing like no tomorrow. It made him so happy and that made me happy to be able to do something that made him feel good for a change.
Aiden stabilized and we stayed for a while longer. Once we got home Chuck called at 11pm to check on him and Lilly said he was doing great. I called at 2:15am and the report was the same. O2 good, BP good, and baby seemed comfy.. YAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»