Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 22, 2006

July 22, 2006


Well I forced myself to stay home today and do what I needed to do around here. This house was starting to look like a nation disater area. So with the cleaning out of the way, well most of it, we went to go see Aiden tonight. He had a great day, slept well, and seemed happy and comfortable all day. He should be off the fentanyl tomorrow, he was down to 1 mcg tonight.. WOO HOOO
His belly is still super distended and he is still swollen with fluid, but some of the swelling has gone down, since he pee'd alot last night. They can hear bowel sounds on the left side of his belly (which for the most part that is the side that hasn't been a problem) and they actually heard sounds on the right tonight. Not a lot, but I will take it. Some is better then none. The talk this week end was that they wanted to feed him on Monday, but I read the nots tonight from surgery, who suggested NOT to feed him until they do a contrast study.. Sometimes I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing, but it seems to be coming together now. One of our concerns to is that Monday none of his primary nurses are on, and I truly don't want them to attempt feeding him if he doesn't have a nurse that doesn't know him. I've had some issues with nurses who didn't know him and kinda took it for granted that he is like every other baby. However, just because they may have had 1000 babies like him, he is a first for me, so I'd rather it be done by the book. If you know what I mean.
Another update is his finger tip finally fell off. The morning nurse saw a little black thing on his cheek and thought it was a boogah. Haa Haa and picked it off and tossed it away. Then when she was examing him, realized it was the finger tip. Now his hand looks for the most part normal. That one finger (to me) looks a little but shorter, but it still has a nail, so mabe the nail will grow out and it will look like the rest.. Either way, it's the least of my worries. I remember when it first happened and they thought he might loose the finger or at least half of it and after all this time, it was just the tip, from about mid nail up.. Not so bad at all... As for his thumb, that went back to normal, no loss on that one.. Yay!!!!
And a really really good thing, is the last few days he has been very close to being at 21% O2 (which is room air or the amount of o2 in room air I should say) and last night, all of today and all of tonight he has been at 21, even 20%.. and not beeping low, he's even beeped high.. THis is a very good thing. They adjusted his vent settings again to less pressure, and if his blood gasses keep coming back good they they can ween his setting and eventually he may even be able to go to CPAP (the scuba steve mask).. Another scary but exciting time... I asked his nurse Liz tonight if they are happy that he has been at 21% and she said they are VERY happy and VERY VERY AMAZED!!! That's our "superman" he keeps them guessing... You go Aiden, you show them how it's done...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read you blog from start to finish and I am blown away by your strength and courage. Aiden is a true fighter and I just know he is on the road to recovery. I am so happy that you are finally able to hold your baby and I think this will make him thrive. You are in my thoughts and I will check back daily to see how lil' man is doing. Hang in there mamma bear.