Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 27, 2006

July 27, 2006


Another long day of tests for my little one.. He was a bit cranky today and no wonder. Today they did an Ecko, a Lumbar Puncture, an ultrasound of the belly, took out his pik line, and sent out more blood work. The news last night after we called and checked in was Aiden, once again has a yeast infection. This is still worry some, but not a minute to minute thing like it was before when he was a lot sicker. Now he has a better chance to fight it. My hopes are if he fought it off before when he was really really ill, then he can kick it this time too.. I have to think that or I might loose it. I hate him having another hurdle to jump over. Due to this they have taken him off the 3 antibiotics for the "infection" because it is yeast, antibiotics will only contribute to it. So they are now giving him an antifungal, same as before when he had the yeast infection.
He himself doesn't seemed bothered so much by it, but did seem more puffy today. And when we weighed him it showed in that too. he is now 1300 grams (2 lbs 14 oz) with alot of that being fluid gain. Although he is peeing fine and even pooped some maconium today which is great. You could tell it was umm, in there for a while so that makes me think he is getting stuff through his intestines a bit better. Hopefully the next feeding trial with go off with out a stitch and all will be ok, but first we have to get rid of the yeast. To do that we need 2 negitive cultures which to be negivite they are required to go for 72 hrs, if they then don't grow anything they are negitive. So if the one from tonight grows nothing and the one from tomorrow. The soonest Aiden can try and eat again would be about Tuesday morning...
On top of that I am suppose to go back to work on Aug 7th, which is about a week away. That's going to be so hard. I was hoping they would let me come back for part time hrs for a month, then back to full time until Aiden comes home, but I don't think they will. Working for the state can sometimes suck. They are not very flexible when it comes to things like that. It's either come in or be out, it's never a happy medium..
So I am going to do my best if they say NO and work til Aiden is able to be home, then I'll be out for a while to care for him. However if something comes up and he has to have the contrast study and it shows he needs surgery, well then I will be out a bit longer no matter what the "job" says. That is my little boy and he comes first.

Keep them prays coming all.. We could use them...

No comments: