Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 25, 2006

Stupid set backs.. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!
Well I called to check on a peanut and they have stopped his feedings. At 8AM the 4AM feeding was still in his belly. When they suctioned they got back the entire cc. Also Aiden's CBC came back bad, they actually did another one to double check thinking it was maybe a lab error. Nope no error. SO he now has another IV in, is going to get a blood transfusion, is on two new antibiotics because whis white blood count is showing an infection and we are back to square one.
Surgery came in to look at him and then asked if we did the contrast study before feeds. This makes me angry.. I wish I was there, I think I would of yelled at the surgon to say NO cause YOUR NOTES said not to and to feed him. Not that feeding him caused this, because I don't know what caused it, but I am annoyed and feel like at times there are way to many hands in the cookie jar. Grrrrrrrr!! The only good news I got over the phone was that they did and xray and the nurse said it looked good. However I know to take that with a grain of salt like everything else. Things change in a matter of hours (proven just by the last 24) but I can't help but to get angry at the world sometimes. I just want Aiden to be ok and come home. He's been through so much, for the love of god and the kid get a break... So I am off the the hospital earlier then I have been going. This way I can be there incase anything else comes up and so I can see my peanut for a longer visit.
Keep praying guys.. Pray Aiden makes a fast recovery and pray to keep me from going crazy.

I'm home from my visit and Aiden is doing well (I think).. SOmetimes I think he looks at me and says calm down ma, I'm fine, chill out, this is no big deal.
So with that said, I spent time with him today and he seemd comfy as usual. They are weening his hydro still and he is almost off that, and they are still weening the vent settings. At midnight they dropped his rate down to 28. So now he is 20 over 6 with a rate of 28. The pressure is the 20 and the 28 is how many breaths the vent gives him. The lower they can go means the more breaths Aiden takes on his own and so far so good. now they will wait til 4AM and draw his blood gas and see how it looks. His is so close to CPAP, which is a good thing but scary, cause I know "he" is going to hate it. Or maybe it won't bother him, who knows. I just know some babies hate it because it's annoying and big and on there face unlike the tube just in there mouth. As for the infection, well I talked to Dr Pye today and he said that he put Aiden on the two anitbiotics to be safe. That the WBC (white blood count) was off, which indicates that there is usually an infection, so he is treating it as so. They can't rule it out until things come back as "better" or until the cultures come back. So in the mean time we are better safe then sorry.
As for his feedings, well since he wasn't digesting the last cc given to him, they stopped them and are going to treat the "infection" then do a contrast study and go from there. However the baby gram done today did show air all the way down to the bowel. THIS IS A GREAT THING. If he can now finally pass this air (in other words fart up a storm) we will be in a happy happy place. And my little peanut, right after I put the clean diaper under his bum, decided to poop. Yes, I am still excited when this happens (because of all the problems he has had and the issue with eating and his gut, for him to poop is a very great thing) so smiling I was, and so was dad!
Tomorrow is the meeting with the surgons, my main question being, what is the plan of action. What is it that they intend to do if he can't eat and downs't get rid of the gas trapped in there. How long do we wait? It's funny how you have 1000 questions then when the time comes, your mind becomes blank. This is why I told Chuck to make a list. Haa Haa..
Peanut also kicked out his IV in his foot today. he decided he didn't want it and kicked it until he got it loose and then pop, and out it came just enough that they had to remove it. He still had one in his arm so they didn't have to replace the one he kicked out. However the one in his arm, although it was new from this morning, didn't look good to me. at the crease of his elbow area it was bruised and the vain looked purple. The nurse on this morning checked it and siad it looked ok to her, but the night nurse didn't like it and agreed with me it didn't look good so she took it out. Which meant Aiden had to get a new one. UGH, I hate that, but I stayed with him and kept him calm and she looked and looked and found a spot in his hand. I gave him some sucrose (that helps calm them) and she popped it in. The first try and he didn't even cry. i think it was the extra sugar water (sucrose) I gave him, and just as she did it I gave him a little more. He was calm and happy, so that made me happy. No cries makes a mommy's day.

Best part of the day is I tickled him today near his ear and he laughed. Then I did it again later and didn the mommy loves you silly voice and he smiled and giggled again.. it was so awesome to see such a happy bug..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, guys... this too shall pass. Aiden is a fighter, and he won't let this obstacle stand in his way. He's got way too many people pulling for him and we all have faith that he will tackle this hurdle just as he has all the others. Lots of love and healing energy is being sent his way!

Stay strong, Aiden... You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong Jess, both you and Chuck. Aiden is drawing on your energy vibration to supplement his own and needs you to stay grounded. I understand your fear and frustration. It's not really back to square one...just a little shift in position. When you think you hear a door close, know that somewhere close a window has been opened. Aiden will be well, he will be strong, he will, one day, be home with you in your arms. Believe that in your heart and draw strength from it. Aiden, stay strong my sweet one. Be well. You are surrounded by love and many prayers. Love to you all.