Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 31, 2006

August 31, 2006




Aiden did great today and during our visit was even off nasal canula for about 10 mins of so and didn't dsat a bit. He was awesome, and when put back on he even sat'd high while I was holding him. They lowered his oxygen to about 5 cc's and he has been less then 25 all day. More like less then 12. He's come so far on that level and has just a few more bumps to get over.
The plan for tomorrow is this... I talked to the eye doctor and she said she will be over at 9AM to do his eye exam. Then she inticipates that he will need the laser surgery and she has planned to do it later that afternoon.
As for the GI study, well IF he doesn't get laser, the GI is planned for after 1pm. If he does get the laster then they can't do the GI until he recovers a bit, so atleast 24 hrs. Surgery said that they will try to maybe get him in on Saturday but if they can't then we are looking at Monday. Either way, it will be a few more days before big man can eat. The new doc coming on tomorrow knows the plan and from what I am told will stick to it. He is one that "tells it like it is" too so I am glad for that cause when it comes to Aiden I don't want it sugar coated. I want to know the black and white of it all.
So we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. I am hoping he doesn't need surgery on his eyes and they correct on there own but that is unlikely once they see plus disease, but I can hope. AND I am more so hoping that Aiden's bout with colitis was just that, a bout, and not caused by some stricture. If he has a stricture he will have to go to the OR and have a major surgery to open his abdomine and cut out the blockage. That is something I am trying to put out of my mind and not think about right now. Another bridge I will deal with if and when it comes up. Until then, I stay very hopeful that everything will work out and by the grace of god Aiden will be home by Oct 1st..
PS these pics are from today.. So cute my little man.. LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that picture with his tongue out is SO FUNNY! The kids loved it... they are still laughing about it! Such a cute little punkin' he is... and it's so nice to get to see his whole precious face, without the tubes in the way!

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Chuck

Aiden is a love and just so cute
Patrick loves to be in the same room with him.....BUT we are hoping that Aiden moves to his true HOME soon......

Tricia and Mark
the picture with the tongue out is just precious....