Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 29, 2006



And so the beat goes on...
Aiden had his eye exam today and i got a phone call. Scared the crap out of me but I had a feeling they were going to tell me it was now stage 2 ROP. I however didn't expect them to say he also has Plus Disease in one eye and will require laser surgery. The other eye is boarder line for having plus disease. So with that said, another doctor is coming in tomorrow to check his eyes again (they always have two check them once they see plus disease I guess) and if she agrees with the findings of the other doctor well then Aiden will have the laser surgery done as soon as tomorrow morning. She told me today they like to have it done within 72 hours which will be by Friday the latest.
I'm very hopeful this will correct the problem. There is a chance it won't work but I am not thinking too much about that. We will have to cross that bridge if it shall go that direction.

On a good note he is getting so big to me already. He's so much bigger then he was and already lifting his head on his own and holding it up. That has been his new trick. Amazing, just amazing!
He's 4 pounds 3 1/2 ounces already and getting bigger. I can't wait for Mickey to get back this week end and see him, she's going to think we swaped him out for another baby. And when his gommie gets back from Idaho too. They are in for a surprise. My peanut is now a big boy... LOL

The new tasks at hand..
Get Aiden through this ROP and laser surgery issue.
Get him back on feeds with a healthy belly
Get him feeding from a bottle
and if possible off oxygen (which he is very close to already)

and then woo hoo.. he can come home!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is that day going to be.. I can see it already.. I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off because now it's all on us with out watching eyes, but that still sounds good to me, if it means I can have him home.
I look forward to our first nap time together.

I also wanted to take this time to thank everyone who reads the blogs and comments. To all my friends and family who have been there and supported us in there own way. I know we have been M.I.A. for awhile and don't always call when we should, but I hope you understand and Please know I am truly greatful to you all. I am very much a person who in times of crisis, shit down and focus on only that thing assuming the rest of the world can get along with out me and will still be there and be understanding when I am ready to re-enter it. So for those of you who have been there, who have called and didn't get a call back, who have prayed or just thought of us. I thank you all, and please know it truly does mean a lot to me. I thank god everyday that I have been blessed with some really good family members and friends...

PS any pics I post up will most likely be from the past few days.. Since Aiden had his eye exam and is getting eye drops twice a day until tomorrow to keep his eyes dialated. Then having another exam in the morning after they dialate him some more. I don't want to take any pics because I don't want the flash to bother him. You can only imagine having your eyes dialated at the eye doctor and going outside then having someone flash a camera at you. I'm sure you all understand. So tonight I posted a few black and whites I took the other day...

No comments: