Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 23, 2006

Well well well... Aiden's belly still looks better and hs xrays have shown that there is still NO free air around his intestines. He is still on nasal canula ans staying at 50 ml of oxygen or less which is awesome since a lot of preemies are sent home on 100 sometimes 150 ml..
He did seem a bit antsy again tonight like last night but I truly think it is cause he is hungry. When he fusses I give him the binki and he takes it and settles down for a while until he either falls asleep or realizes he isn't getting a full belly from it. I feel so bad that he isn't eating. Think about it, if you ate every day for a week every 4 hours and then all of a sudden stopped for days your tummy would be all twisted with hunger pains too. I know I don't want them to rush his system but I do hope he gets to eat pretty soon. From the sounds of it though, I think they will definetly feed him before the 14 days is up. I am not sure how little the first few feeds will be. I don't think they will start at 2 cc's again since he was on just about 24 cc's every 4 hrs before he got sick.
I do cross my fingers that after this battle with his GI system he has some "great" luck and don't have any more issues like this. other then him eating, like I said his GI issues seem to be getting a bit better so now our focus will be on his eye exam on monday and his bili levels in his blood (the stuff that makes him jaundus. (sorry I am sure that spelling is way off)
We have a family meeting tomorrow with the doc so we will find out more. Last meeting was great, then Aiden got sick. I am hoping this meeting will be good too and Aiden will sore through this rough patch and come out on top of the world.
If you all could only see him in person. He truly is amazing!!! He is going to be a kid that keeps me on my toes.. (how I look forward to that)

No comments: