Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 5, 2006


It's my birthday.. yay!!
And the best gift ever was that they started trophic feeds today with Aiden.. 2cc's every 4 hours.
This started at 8am, and he's been a bit slow digesting the milk but I figured it would be like that. I think his body just needs to get use to having something in there. So far any suctions that they did came back only milk, it was not bilious, (no bial) in it. If he tolerates it ok they will bump him to 4cc's every 4 hours, but I think at least for tomorrow he will stick to the 2cc's.
Then after Andrea & Neill's baby shower, we went back to the NICU and I got to kangaroo for about 2 hours. Aiden did great, he loved it. The funniest thing was, he usually always has his hands up near his face or shoulder while sleeping on his belly. Well he started out like that butt hen moved to hold on to my hand. He actually put his arm straight down his side to find my hand and held my finger. Any time I moved he'd find me and hold tight. (What a birthday) ..
He is still doing really good on his vent too so now I am consentrating on the feeds and it correcting the issues he has from not eating. The jaundice from the build up of the bilirubin in his blood.
I know it's one thing at a time so right now this is my one thing.. Then we will consintrate on CPAP and getting off it asap.. The also took out his IV tonight so all he has now is the pik line.. Free limbs.. What is a peanut to do... One thing is for sure, he has been very happy and alert the past few days. And has come to love getting his mouth suctioned. (strange child) Oh and he loves it right after diaper change. Can you say Super Happy Baby... He's just awesome..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Aiden! Keed up the good work! And Happy Birthday to your Mom. Many Blessings to you all.

Anonymous said...

What a pleasure it is to read the joy in your words! Knowing you as I do, I can feel them in your heart! A beautiful birthday gift indeed. Continue to grow strong, Aiden, for each day is a day closer to you being home. As always, my love and prayers are with you all.