Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 26, 2006

August 26, 2006

Yes I know I skipped a day, but thats because there isn't much news to tell. Aiden is doing wonderful, besides being antsy here (I think it's because he is hungry). He's smiling, laughing and being a baby. He has 6 more days of the antibiotics and then should be able to start feeds again. From what I've been told they will start him at 4cc's a feed then increase up until they get to full feeds. Based on his current weight, full feeds would be about 35 to 40cc's but because he has had so many issues concerning his belly and gut, they will use a base weight like they did before and everyday increase it by 20 grams.
His actual weight right now is 4 pounds 1 1/4 ounces.. He is an offical 4 pounder, even if some of it is fluid gain. It's amazing because I can't picture him anymore as tiny as he was. He's still little but so much bigger then 1 lb 6 oz. It's just crazy talk saying he's 4 pounds. he actually finally fits in some of his preemie clothes. Although some are still big on him.
Can you believe he will be 11 weeks old tomorrow.. It's strange just saying that. And still if he were born today he'd only be a 35 weeker... Crazy just crazy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Aiden,mom and dad too!
I,ve been thinking of you and catching up on how you are doing while I,ve been home with my family. What agood boy back on nc and tried on room air, my goodness!!And 4 lbs I'll have to eat my wheaties.See you all soon, keep up the good work. Julie your primary nurse.

Anonymous said...

I keep going back to the last photos that you posted....and I just stare at that sweet child, smiling and looking happy! A miracle child, pure and simple. It's so very good to see mom and dad smiling too. It does my heart good! May God continue to bless you all.