Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7, 2006


First day back to work.. Wow that was strange, it even looked different, but the best part was being able to actually say Aiden is ok and doing good. He's eating still and tolerating it well. Nothing has been coming back in his tube. He even pooped like a baby LOL. Yes we still get excited about him pooping! They did change his rate on the vent back to 19 over 6 but that is fine. He is still looking at CPAP at the end of the week. He also got his eye exam today and no signs of ROP. They said just immature. This is a very very good thing. Most preemies will get ROP and it gets worse before it gets better. Out of the percent that get it 85 percent correct on there own between 38 and 40 weeks, some needing laser surgery, however in very bad cases (stage 4) a baby can become blind. SO like I said it is a good thing that Aiden is now considered a 32 weeker and has no signs of ROP. He gets his next exam in 2 more weeks.
He has gained a little more weight and is 3/4 of an ounce shy of being a 3 pounder. He now weighs 2 pounds 15 1/4 ounces.. AND he looks so good. Everytime (like today and tonight) that he gets a new nurse, they always comment on how great he looks (and cute he is) for a baby that has had so much and been so sick that he doesn act or look sick at all. They even said today he is so strong with his grasp and head movements. That really makes you feel good. I am already counting the days until he comes home. One more down, a "few" more to go..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jess... he's really plugging right along! I'm so happy to be reading all of this good news! Aiden is such a special boy... truly a miracle baby! As always, he is in our thoughts and prayers daily...

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is Kerry's friend Sherry. We met a long time ago. Kerry told me about your blog a while ago and I have been checking it daily for updates. I really feel good when things go well for Aiden, and feel sad when they don't. I hope one day I will get to meet him. My daughter was a preemie, but not nearly as young as Aiden. She was 5 weeks early, which seems like nothing when I read your story. Keep up your strength, and know that there are a lot of people out there saying special prayers for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to Aiden! I can't go to bed without reading the daily updates! I am so very pleased with the wonderful news of the past couple of days. And I live for the photos! All so very precious! May He continue to bless all of you and keep you well!