Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

August 3, 2006

Wooo Hoooo, Aiden had the contrast study today and besides pooping all over the table, they saw NO blocked areas.. This is awesome. Now the attending doc is going to check with surgery and see if they want to do an upper GI study since they only did a lower GI. If they do, he will have that done too. If they don't then he may be eating as soon as tomorrow. I am so excited and happy for him. Finally my baby will get the chance to eat again.

I finally got to see him about 4:45, when they brought him back over from Children's it took them a bit to clean him up and get him all cozy in his isolette. Once they did I was right there to give him kisses. He was really sleepy (and I'm sure if they gave me an enima I'd be out of it too) Ouch, the poor thing. But it had a great out come, no pun intended..
Julie and SOfie came to visit today and were so excited to see him. It was good to sit with the girls and talk for a bit too. I miss that. Then Auntie Elisa came to see us while we were kangaroo'ing.
That was a good time. I got him at 8pm and he stayed (sleeping most of the time) on my chest until about 11:30pm, then we changed him, and changed him again, oh and again (he pooped all over lol) and then got him dressed in his preemie onesie (that still looks huge) and all snug as a bug. He was then wide awake too, smiling and laughing. Chuck talked to him and stroked his head and off he went to dream land. (I often wonder what they dream about) but he looked so peaceful.
We have a family meeting tomorrow to touch base with this months attending and to go over all of Aiden's issues. It should go smooth, for once I actually don't feel knots in my tummy over it.

All I can ask is for every one to keep us in your thoughts. Keep them prays coming, not only for Aiden but his little buddy Beau and all his other little neighbors in the NICU. You can't help but to pull for all of them. So if nothing else, we can be there cheering team. GO Babies, Go Aiden!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all good news! I'm so happy for all of you! We are all praying for him daily, that he continues on this path, growing stronger and healthier each day. Keep up the good work, Aiden! And you, too, Mommy and Daddy... I admire your strength. Aiden is lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

I have sat and read your entire story from beginning to now. And I plan to come back everyday and read to see how little Aiden is doing. He is just amazing. And it's such an amazing story! Good luck with everything. My prayers are with you all. He is an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

God IS good! And that's my final answer! Love and prayers to you all.