Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 27, 2006

August 27, 2006




Happy 11 Weeks Aiden...
It is so strange saying that.. Eleven weeks old!! He had a good day today from what they told me when I called to check on him earlier in the day. His oxygen requirement is pretty low. Most of today it stayed at 12.5 ml and for a bit went to 25 ml. Either one we will take, it's such a small amount compaired to when he was first born. He's become more yellow now too from the jaundice. It's starting to worry me. He's in a great mood and I shouldn't really say "he" is becoming yellow because although you can see it in his skin, it's the whites of his eyes that show it the worse. I'm not so worried about the color it's what causes the jaundice that I worry about. (The liver and his bili levels) They are doing blood work in the moring to check the levels again and I'm sure they have gone way up. Not too much that can be done besides getting him eating like a normal baby should be doing. I'm crossing my fingers this go round flies to the top and stays there. Smooth sailing all the way this time. He has also got his eye exam tomorrow morning to check the progress of the ROP. I'm hoping it hasn't gotten worse. I know they say it gets worse before it gets better, but can't Aiden be the one who it just gets better for with out getting worse.. He's gone through enough already.

I also started his room today. It's been painted for a little while (his god mother did it for me) and I've had the crib, but I put up a shelf and some pictures of him and us with him. Also the wall hangings that match his crib set. It looks cute so far, but it's missing a few things. The number one thing it's missing is Aiden, but he'll be home soon, I know. I got a few more things to do to it, and a few adjustments to the window treatments. They just need a bit of help, but not to worry suzy homemaker here can handle it. Then it will all be perfect for my peanut.
Can't wait til the only place I have to go to check on him is his room. Ahhh what a feeling that would be..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Goodness that lil peanut is WAY TOO CUTE! LOVE the pics...what a way to make a person smile :)
Soon Jess, he'll be home. :)
Strong and Healthy and everything!
Keep climbing that ladder baby boy!
Get bigger and better.
Were all here loving you and can't wait to see you in suzy homemakers house! I bet the room looks GREAT!
Hugs and Kisses and Prayers for all!

Anonymous said...

And I'm sure he's dreaming of being home in his own room, and sleeping in his own crib and you coming in to check on him......reason for the beautiful, sleepy smile! My love and continued prayers to you all -