Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 13, 2006



Happy 9 Weeks Aiden!!!
So I have been MIA for a few days and well that's ok cause I have some good news... Aiden is now on a pressure of 6 on the CPAP and doing great. They want to ween him to a 5 before they try the nasal canula but that's ok. Only one step at a time. Also he is back to digesting his milk and they increased it from 2 cc's to 4 cc's the other day and then today from 4 to 6 cc's. So far so good. He's has three "servings" of 6 cc's and the first two didn't come back, I'll know about the third once I get back to the hospital. He's gaining weight too and now up to 3 pounds 3 ounces, but some of that is fluid gain. (Probably 3 ounces of it) He is also back to being puffy and the CPAP has some to do with that. He actually looked like he did a few rounds with Mike Tyson today when I saw him. I felt so bad. They also gave him a blood transfusion because his Crit was 31.2 and a good crit is 40 so he needed that, which meant he got an IV put in, but that will come out after the blood and lasix tonight.

Back to good notes. I finally got to hear him. All this time he has had a breathing tube in so there really is no sound. Well now that it's out, it took a few days but he is getting his voice. It's a little horse from the tube, but I actually heard him cry. Although I hate when he cries, it was a good feeling to finally hear him.

Well I am on my way back in and will keep you all updated this week, I promise. I'll get some new pics too if I can, but I warn you, the poor little thing has a piggy nose right now. It's from that darn CPAP. It streaches there nostrils from here to kingdom come. They promised it will go back.. And so we hope so cause that is just truly unfair!...

Back from the visit and because Aiden had to get the second part of his blood transfusion the nurse on tonight, who was really nice, thought it be best if we didn't hold him. Since he is such a hard stick for an IV they didn't want it to blow before the blood was done. This meant daddy didn't get to hold his boy. I felt so bad for him. It's been about a week since Chuck has held him do to work and partly his own fault of not being a morning person so he doesn't get there til after work. I know he'll get to hold him tomorrow if he can get in for noon, but I still felt bad.
Aiden is still super puffy, and the lasix they gave him is kicking in. His 8pm diaper was a big one which is good. He needs to get off some of that fluid. He did tolerate most of the last feed too. There was only 1 cc left in his belly at 8pm, but I wasn't surprised since he got it late. he got fed at just about 5pm instead of 4pm, so in all that was still very good. We will have to wait and see what midnight brings.
All in all, he seems to be doing better then they expected he would do. The words still ring in my head when they thought Aiden wouldn't make it the week. Now look, he's 9 weeks old today.. Can you believe it. It's just awesome!!!
As for me well I'm still over whelmed a bit. We have so much to do with his room and finding a pediatrician before he comes home. I know we still have time and he will be there about 8 more weeks, maybe even longer, but I spent so much time there that I never seem to get anything done here. And my god, could baby furniture be any more expensive. I know it last forever and some, like the crib I got the converts into an adult bed later, can be used well past there baby years. But really people, does a dresser have to cost $500?!?! I can't help the fact that my mom raised me to like stuff that is going to last, but it's just so much. With that said, I finally did more to my baby registy, and Chucks sisters are planning me a shower. I'm actually really excited. For one it will be really fun I think and a chance to be around people that I know care about me, and two it means Aiden is that much closer to coming home. I can't wait for him to sleep in his own crib and have his own room. (Although I may not let him out of mine for the fist few months... Chuck says I won't let him out of my arms for the first few years at this rate) Hey I can't help it if I'm protective. Another funny thing is, I was always one of them people who laughed at the moms that were crazy about germs and washing your hands and not touching the baby. And now after all this, I have to be one of them nuts too. Due to Aiden having CLD (Cronic Lung Disease) we have to have purell all over the house and wash our hands, keep things clean and not pass him around alot to people for a while. Maybe a long while.
It is funny how things turn out. It's like the girl I went to school with who hated red heads just cause they had read hair and when she had her first son, although both parents had dark brown hair, her son was born a red head. Although I could have lived without these past lessons. After all this though I truly think I have paid my dues.
Well enough babble from me. Please all continue to pray for Aiden. Keep them toughts coming and I know he will do it. He will get himself off CPAP and continue eating. He'll put the weight on and come home. (Sept 28th can not come fast enough I tell ya) That was my due date and a good idea of when peanut will be home where he belongs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Aiden. He is a serious trooper. My baby boy Ronin was born on Sept. 28, 2006. I will be thinking of you guys on his birthday and will be so happy that you can finally go home with him!!! I am so addicted to your blog, and just so excited to hear good news. Keep up the good work buddy.

Aiden Fan Jennifer in Vancouver

Anonymous said...

The good news just keeps getting better! It's great to hear the joy in your words! Aiden, our little man of steel, you are an inspiration! Continue to do well and you will soon be home. My love and prayers to you all!