Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 30, 2006

Aiden had his eye exam this morning and hated it. The doctor that did it used the clamps that open your eyes and he's never had that done before. Not that that matters because I am sure he'd hate it even if he had it done before that way.
The out come is that in this doctors opinion the eyes do not look bad enough for laser surgery. They will check them again in a few days. Most likely on Friday and go from there, but as of right now it is another "waiting game".. Other news is surgery came by and decided they want Aiden to have a lower GI study again. They prefer this to be done before he eats because they think there may be a sticture and that is what caused the colitis. This means No eating on Friday. Once again put off for another day, possibly the entire weekend.
Can you feel my fustration!! I'm over tired, burnt out, and over whelmed with all this NICU stuff.
I keep saying Aiden is going to get a break, but this poor kid has luck like him mom and can't seem to catch a break if it fell in his lap. Enough already, just let him heal and be able to get out of there. I know I'm venting but I'm just stressed out. And since this is also my personal blog and not just Aiden's I can do that. So vent away I will do..
Maybe it's the added stress of finally tapping out the savings and actually being broke to the point that we just have enough gas money to get us back and forth until next friday (Sept 8)
other then that right now we are sinking. This is a first for me, I've always been able to keep our heads up or atleast pull them back up very quickly. Right now I just feel like there is so much stuff to get, so much stuff Aiden will need and I'm stressing out over it. As usual I know things will fall into place but as of today the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting further away. As for the peanut, well if and when I get any more news today as usual I will update.
Keep praying that everything works out and he comes home soon.

Well I went in to see my peanut and he didn't have one eye exam today he had two. One at 9am and the other at noon. So you can imagine how sore his eyes were not to mention how bright everything must have been with his pupils dialated still and will continue to be until his next exam on Friday.
As of right now he is scheduled to have his eyes checked on Friday morning and then the plan is to have the laser done, unless his eyes improve on there own in the next few days which I've seen happen. He is also scheduled for his lower GI study any time after 1pm. He's what you call "on call" so as soon as they have time after 1 then will take him in. however since his eyes might be done that day too, if it turns out they do the laser (which is there intentions at this time) then the GI study will have to be postponed. The nurse said probably to saturday, but you know as much as I do that they will not do it on the week end and since it is a holiday week end it will be postponed until probably Tuesday.
Once again I am fustrated. Friday he is suppose to start feeds. Friday he is suppose to have another eye exam. Friday he is suppose to have laser eye surgery. Friday he is suppose to have a lower GI study done and don't ya know Friday is the 1st of the month so we get a new attending and a new fellow.. This just sucks.. It's pretty obvious he can't have all this stuff happen on Friday. So which one takes priority? What are they going to do? What's the new plan of action? I want answers, concreat ones, and I'm not getting them.
I am sure tomorrow will be a great family meeting. I'm once again bummed to see a doc I like leave, and have to start over again. And I'm bummed Aiden has to deal with all this crap. Add that to being over tired, it's now 2:11AM and I have to be up for work in less then 6 hours.
So I am off to bed to "sleep on it all". hopefully I will get some news tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing mickey on friday to take care of Aiden. Now we just need to hit the lotto.. Haaaaaaaaa, now that's funny and I am definetly over tired.. Good night all, and keep praying for my little one that once he gets past this bump in the road he will have smooth sailing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Jess... I know that this is all getting exhausting, but you're almost there! Everything WILL work out!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jess, if only you knew what I wish I could do for you and give to you. And if only you knew how amazed I am by you and your strength and courage. It's a feeling without words.
So..how I'm always saying I wanna pick Aiden up and give him a BIG hug, I'm sending you an even BIGGER hug, and I hope that will pick you up, even a little. You're almost there babes. A little longer. Stay strong. My prayers continue everyday for Aiden and you and Charles. Let's stay positive..all uphill! Go Aiden Go!!! :) Hugs and kisses and much love, Julie~