Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween to my baby boy who has had one heck of a day.. 143 days in the NICU and we are almost out of there..
Today Aiden had his surgery and it went well.. They did the G-tube first and got to do it the "easy" way. They did the peg procedure rather then an open. A peg is when they insert a scope so they can see where they are going and do it that way. An open is when they can't use the scope due to scar tissue blocking or for other reasons and then they have to make a larger cut on the outside and it takes longer to heal. Well although Aiden has scar tissue, it didn't stop the scope, they said it went smoother then they anticipated and they were very pleased. Then they did the hernia repair which was quick and easy too and after that they did the circumcision. A big trick or treat day that I am sure was more of a trick then any sort of treat. The treat will be that once they can get him off the vent and stable on the oxygen again it will just be a matter of days before he comes home.
We are looking at anytime between Saturday and Monday.. The thought of that is just craziness to me. I am so trilled and excited and scared and emotional about it all.

Today was hard for me. Walking him to Children's for surgery was ok, but when the nurse took him and said we'll take good care of him I started to cry. I didn't want to leave him. I knew in my heart he'd be fine, but I was still worried and didn't want him feeling any pain. I didn't want him to have to get any of this done.

But it's over and almost a new day. That means one day closer to Aiden being home. Not having to drive to the NICU everyday. Not having to call the Nicu and check on him cause I'll be right next to him. Not having to miss him every second, cause he will be right here with us..

Just a few more days little man and then you can be home with us and growing big and strong. I can't wait for the day you can walk into that NICU and say hi to your nurses. For them to all see the little one that no one thought would be here today. My miracle!! My heart!! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, he is a mircile. AN absolutley beautiful mircle. Oh Aiden, we hope that you will feel all better soon. You've had a tough day, but it is all for the best. Just a few more sleeps Jess, then you can hold, cuddle and spoil that baby. Thes elast few days will be long. Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Atta BOY Baby Aiden! We are all so proud of you and can hardly wait until your arrival at home! Some will have to wait a tad longer to see him but luckily time isn't understood at this point in time. Hang in there, prayers are still flowing for you all. Lotsa love and hugs and kisses!
Love, Auntie Elisa & crew