Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November 1, 2006

Aiden is doing well today considering he had so much going on yesterday. They took him off then ventilator about 3:30AM and moved him back to the intermediate NICU room about 8AM this morning. He's done so good. He got his first feed at 4PM today and they start with half doses and will increase over 24 hours to full feeds. So far so good and the word it that SUNDAY will be the big day!!! We have to go in tomorrow and bring his car seat so they can do his car seat test either tomorrow night or sometime on Friday. Then we have to meet with the G-tube company and the oxygen company and be trained on how to care for the machines and the tube. That is tomorrow at noon. After that we have to get his perscriptions filled and bring them back in to the NICU to show we can measure up the correct doses and we are good. All we have to do then is wait until Sunday. Sunday Sunday SUNDAY!!! My baby is coming home!!! I can't wait. There is so much to do still and all I want to do right now is just yell to everyone he is coming home.. HOOOOOMMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

So far we have the follow up appointments with Neuro, and Audiology. We still have to get the list of the rest of them. There will be a lot but some of them are spanned out a bit. Neuro is in January, Audio is in December. He'll have a follow up for his lungs, and then appointments with the pedi. He'll be back and forth for so many things for a while I am sure. We will also have early intervention to go to and he'll have a visiting nurse for a little while too.

I'm sure it's going to be a bit over whelming, but I am ready for this. I really am.. I know I'm going to be tired and worried and all that, but I already am. At least home he will be with us and I no longer have to leave him at the NICU. I'll know every time he's awake and when he's sleeping. I'll be there for his care and feeds. I'll be there right next to him when he cries and wants one of us to pick him up. It's all up to me and Chuck now and as scary as that is, it's a good feeling to finally be a mom in the full sence.

And althought I thought the last few days would seem long. With as much as I need to do, I am starting to feel like I don't have enough time, so I think the next few days are going to fly by..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got me in tears over here, tears of joy! I just could not be happier for you 3. Go Aiden go! Go Aiden GO! What a kid. I can't wait to see pics of him home :)

P.S. Halloween pics coming to you of Ronin and I once my dad sends them to me. Promise!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the halloween pic of aiden its the cashier from mitc maritza just wishing he comes home and everything goes well keep me posted i sent you an email and godbless you aiden