Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 05, 2006

October 4, 2006

We are still waiting for the pulminary consult, he was tied up today and didn't come over to see Aiden. However the feeding team cam to evaluate him. They checked him out, I guess the assess his palet and his tongue. Then they give him a bottle and watch the way he sucks and so on. He took about 25 cc's in about 15 minutes and only dsat'd in the begining when it was first introduced to him. I'm not too sure what this means, but they did say it warrented the swallow study, so he is set to have that done tomorrow between 12 noon and 12:30, which Chuck and I will be there for as requested. It should be interesting to see and will tell us for sure if he is apirating at all. If he is then no bottle for a week until he has another study done. If he passes then he can train on a bottle again. We will see, but I think in time he'll do ok, he's just still uncooridinated and immature.

Other then that we had a great night together. He woke up about 4:20pm and was a tiny bit fussy, just normal baby fuss really. Then once I changed him and picked him up he was great. He hung out looking around and at me and sitting on my lap like a big boy for just about 3 hours. He finally fell asleep about 7:30 and slept until I left. If he woke up after I feft I'm not sure, but I'm assuming he slept for a good 4 hours or so.

Well here is hoping tomorrow goes well and there are no more speed bumps.. Fingers crossed (as usual) and we will see... Thank you everyone for all your prayers and support and keep them coming, we can definetly use them..

No comments: