Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 27, 2006

October 26, 2006

Today is the last day for the antibiotics, too bad in the last 3 days he had to get two new IV's. The last one in his foot he kicked it out. Once just disconnecting the connection and the second time they had to pull it cause it just leaked all over. Unfortunetly for Aiden the best place for the next one was in his head. I hate when he has to get IV's but I hate it more when there in the head. They just look like they hurt and all I can imagine when they have to flush it or give a med in it is that it feels like when you drink a slurpee really fast and get brain freeze.. OUCH!
The first IV in his head lasted until today, then he had to get a new one. Yuk! A new IV for 24 hours. I assume they will take it out tomorrow or even tonight after the last dose of antibiotics goes in. He'll need another one for surgery, but that's not for a few more days.
Yes it has been postponed. They decided to change it until Tuesday (Halloween) so they can do it all together. The team doing the circ and the hernia repair could do it tomorrow, but the GI team couldn't, they could do it on Monday. Well Monday didn't work for the other team. However Tuesday did, so Tuesday it is. It only postponed our home coming 4 days or so, which isn't that bad. At least it's not weeks, I can deal with 4 days.

Aiden's room is just about done and orginized. I have to add a few things (dresser, changing table, a touch here and a touch there) but right now it's fine. He'll be sleeping in our room for a while anyway so I have more time to do the touches.

I'm also out of work now too. With thinking Aiden was having his surgery tomorrow it was set into motion already for today to be my last day, that gave me tomorrow and the weekend for the most part to get everything her straight. Well now I have a few more days. We also have to take the CPR class at the hospital, and then learn his meds and how to draw them up (which I am fine with, I've done it once and it's really easy) Then we have to learn the G-tube care and oxygen requirements. I think both of them will be pretty straight forward to.
As for the job, well my intentions were to go back part time (25 hrs a week vs 37.5 that is full time) come January, but I just found out from work yesterday before I left that my part time has not been approved. They told me to resubmit it in January and they will revisit the issue. SO I don't know right now if I even have a job to go to since I know I can't go back full time. With our schedules and Aiden it's not possible. (Yes this is my venting)
My request made it up the ladder with no problems until it got closer to the top, then it was just squashed. The part that gets me is, we have part time people, who for the reasons of having kids when part time. Now I am not doing it to just work less hours, I am doing it cause Aiden nedds one of us here 24/7 and can't be cared for by someone else. He's going to be on oxygen and have a G-tube and I can't risk something happening to him because someone was babysitting so I could cover my 3 hr gap at work that my hours cross Chuck's hours. It's just pathedic how they operate. Chuck thinks that it may be a blessing in a way, that it's my chance to get out of there and find a job that I love and treats me like aperson and not a number. But inside I'm am really scared. We can't make it on just his income, and it seems the last few years, finding a job has become really hard. More so with no college degree.
A lady at work told me that she believes that god doesn't close one door with out opening another, so I have to believe it will all work out. Something will pull through for us. I know money isn't everything, but unfortunetly it is what makes the world go round and in this world you need it to get by and live.

All I can do is do my best and my first priority is Aiden, his needs are first and if that means me staying home then so be it. If I have to break down and ask for help then I'll swallow my pride and do just that. Until then, I'm still standing tall and going to enjoy the fact that I don't have to go to work today.. YAY!!

No comments: