Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

October 19, 2006

Well Aiden didn't pass his swallow study yesterday. It showed he is still silent aspirating. Which means it is tiny amounts and he isn't coughing to clear his air way. So we wait another 4 weeks and he has another study then. In the mean time, we have made the decision for him to get the G-tube put in so he can come home and grow and thrive and be a normal healthy baby.

Today he had his consult with surgery and his MRI done. (Now we know we are close to coming home, that is when they do the MRI) Surgery is going to try and get him in for Friday Oct 27th, they want him to finsh the 14 days of antibiotics first and that will be all done on the 26th. Then if they get him in on Friday and he has no issues with the procedures, he will be home in 3 to 5 days after that. YES this mean he may be home by halloween. Can you believe it. I cried today just thinking of it, and I cried yesterday. I am so excited and yet scared to no end. I want him home but I want him safe. There he has nurses doctors and a 1001 machines. Here he has me and chuck, but I am requesting they send him home with a monitor so we can hook him up at night while we sleep too. I don't feel comfy with just a spot checker. That is a monitor device you just hook up every hour or so to check there oxygen level at that moment. With the regular monitor it will be like the one in the hospital just smaller and will beep if he dsats. Considering when he gets sicks he seems to stop breathing, I don't think it's an odd request and as one of the nurses on tonight said. Even if we have to kick and scream, make them get us a monitor. Well I can kick and scream with the best of them.

So that is the latest. Maybe as soon as halloween my penaut will be home. If not then no later then a week after that if all goes well. Lets put our energy into all them prayers and hope all goes as planned and Aiden comes home and is safe and happy with his mommy and daddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is just wonderful news. I am so thrilled for you guys. I do not blame you in the least for wanting the monitor, anyone would. Kick, scream, beg, plead, do what you have to do girl. I am just so happy for the 3 of you. I know that you will not sleep a wink and will be checking on that sweet boy every 10 minutes :) Won't it be wonderful. I will be in touch very soon - will send pics. Congrat's on everything. The journey is not over, but it will get easier in time my dear. All the best.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Such good news! Lots and lots of prayers and tons of healing energy is flowing in Aiden's direction!

Anonymous said...

ooooooh! that is incredible!! :) i know a couple of cheerleaders who can't WAIT to meet their new cousin! I am so happy for all of you, with Mummy to hold him 24/7, Aiden is going to be in absolute HEAVEN (and so is Mum and Dad)! Lotsa love and prayers still flowing your way for ALL of you!
Love, Auntie Elisa + crew