Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 17, 2006

Aiden had a wonderful day today. He was a bit fussy but feeling so much better then he was last week when he got sick. He is also really puffy so I know he's got a ton of fluid on board. They talked about giving him lasix again but wanted to wait until tomorrow in fear it would mess up his electrolytes.
As for tomorrow we have our next swallow study to see if he has matured any more. i am keepig my fingers crossed to see how he does. I am hoping he passes and we can move on, but if not, then so be it. I'm learning the hard way that no matter what I do, I can not control things like this. It stinks and it's hard at times but all i can do is be there for Aiden and make the best decisions possible for him. So that is what I am trying to do.
The GI team also came by to look at him, and want to talk to the surgons first to see if they want to handle the G-tube placement due to all the issues Aiden had with the NEC and the scar tissue he now has from it all. Once I know more I will be sure to post it.

Here is hoping tomorrow goes well.. Until then sleep well my little man.. i love you... xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention in my last comment that your little man is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. That is one gorgeous little guy you have there. In a year from now, when he is home, thriving, walking, throwing tantrums and just being a toddler, these days will almost feel like it wasn't real. I really, really feel that all of this is going to work out. With an amazing mom like you, with a big brother looking down and a spirit like Aiden, there is no other outcome. Hang in there sister. My thoughts, prayers and positive energy are coming your way.