Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 23, 2006

October 23, 2006

Well Aiden went for his test at Childrens and it came back normal so that is good. Now it's just waiting for Friday. Surgery has been by every day to check on him at the wee hours of the morning. Yes they do there rounds between about 1 am and 4 am. So last night the doc said that every thing is all set for Friday for the hernia repair and the circumcision, they just have to make sure the GI team can do the G-tube on Friday also. So far it looks good, but you know doctors, they can change things at any minute. Either way the lates he will have it done is Monday, I just don't want them to do it in two different days. I want it all in one trip so he doesn't have to be put through all that more then once. That isn't fair to him and he's been through enough already.

I am also still waiting to hear when they are going to teach us what to do with his oxygen when he is home, and the G tube care. They have to set up the visiting nurse and paper work for early intervention. Oh there is still so much to do, i have a feeling they are going to leave so much til the end that it's going to make me feel super over whelmed again.
But for now I am doing my best to get ready. I am waiting for Aiden's dresser to be done so I can store his clothes and get all the bags out of his room. I'm not sure that is going to be ready in time but we will see. I got the book case for his room today, and the rods for the closet the other day so it's coming along. I know I'll have a few days to since my last day at work is Thursday so I can get everything else done. It's going to be so strange to have him finally home..

We had a good night today. He woke up and sat up with me for a while, then got fussy in the end when he was tired but kept fighting it. He thinks he is going to miss something. He is also doing really good sleeping through the night. He finally fell asleep abotu 10 pm and will probably sleep until about 3 or 4, then he goes back to sleep til about 7-7:30, stays up for about two hours and will sleep again right through noon.. Pretty good eh?

Well we will see what tomorrow brings..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy for you! It's so wonderful that after all this time you will have your precious boy at home in your arms where he belongs! As to whether you'll have everything "ready"... no worries... it will all fall into place. Tom is supposed to be home Thursday evening (and maybe friday too) so if you need a hand getting stuff done, I could come down and help out if you'd like. Drop me an email.

Continued Prayers for all of you!

Anonymous said...

WOW i can't believe it! Truely amazing that your teenie tiny 1 1/2 lbs miracle is almost home!!! I know i will catch hell for saying so, but Aiden won't be passed all around, i'll hold him contently and so everyone else can see him... :) I am available this weekend, let me know if you need anything. I know RJ & Olivia will have to wait, so be it. Whatever is best for Baby Aiden they will live with, so long as they get to teach him all their "wonderful little tricks" later... ugh!
Love and kisses and hugs to you all! LOVE, Auntie Elisa + crew