Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 03, 2006

September 3, 2006

Aiden is off the vent, he cam off about 9AM this moring and is doing fine on it. For a few hours he was even at room air which is just amazing considering the last few days he has had. They sent him over for the GI study and it came back as negitive which means NO strictures.. How great is that.
They were going to feed him when he got back to the NICU, but when he returned his belly had blown up to 30 cm. That's alot for him, so they did an xray which showed his intestines is dialated and full of contrast that he needs to pass. Most of it usually comes out whenthey do the study but since they used a lot from what I was told, not all of it is out yet. By the time I left tonight his belly was down to 27.5 cm. The plan now is to get him going on feeds tomorrow as long as his belly continues to go down and we will go from there. They are going to start small like last time and increase daily after a few days. They are also going to do a ton of blood work to check a few things. One being his albutrin level, this may have something to do with why he is so puffy and retaining fluid as much as he is. It also has to do with him not feeding like a normal baby and not getting the protein that he would get his he was on milk or formula.. In all due time, I know.. So basiclly it was a good day, test wise, for my little man. As for how he is feeling in general well it's not such a good day. He was very cranky when i wasn't touching him, and did seem to like when i comforted him at times. I couldn't hold him yet caus of his belly and all but maybe tomorrow. I am sure his bum hurts now from the contrast study, and his belly from the gas and bloating. Added to his eye surgery the other day and not eating. He's just had the crap kicked out of him. A sore belly, a sore bum, sore eyes and a sore throat from being intubated.. I can not imagine all this in 72 hrs. I think I would be miserable and flipping out too..
I just hope tomorrow he feels much better and is back to my little wee one. My happy bug!!

No comments: