Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September 13, 2006

So Aiden's hearing test got cancelled.. They decided not to repeat it and to wait a few weeks. So we will have to wait until then to find out more. A nurse told me today to ignore it, that they should have waited to do the test because he is still little and just to pretend that they didn't do it. To wait for the next one. She said considering he had so much done that day and is not a 40 weeker yet, they should have waited and the next test could be better. No matter what anyone says though, the thought he could be deaf sits in the back of my mind. I also take peace in the fact that they can do so much for hearing now, with new hearing aids and technology they have. I've watched specials on TV where they fitted a girl with special hearing aids and she heard sound like we do for the first time in 15 years.. SO enough on that until I know more, or until someone brings it up again.
He also had an eye exam again today, and it was about the same. Nothing worse though.. YAY
On a super positive note, his feeds were increased again to 11cc's and he seems to be tolerating well.. His asperates (what comes back when they suction his belly) is between 0 and 3 cc's at the most. Not so bad considering all he has been dealing with. It's funny that when he was given 4cc's he'd give back 2. When he was given 7 he gave back 2, now he is getting 11 and giving back 2.. Maybe 2 is just his number.. LOL
All I know is I am glad he is eating and tolerating it. I'm glad that he is one day closer to coming home, and I'm glad that he is here with us... Be strong little one, our little angel Chase is watching over us and will help you through this, I know he will. Love to both my babies.. XOX

No comments: