Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

September 20, 2006

My update when I called today was that since they got back residuals after his feeds, they went back down to the 20 calorie neocate (formula he is on) and wanted to see if it might of been the 24 cal, or something else, since he usually only gets back 2 or so cc's and he got back 10 last night at 8pm and then 8 at midnight. Well I don't think it was anything other then his belly needing more time to digest the higher calorie formula and the fact that he is getting 54 cc's a feed.
Today at noon they went back to the 24 cal, and at the 4pm feeding he only had 3cc's left. Then at 8pm he had 5 which isn't bad either in my eyes. He will get there he just needs time. Speaking of time, I think him bottling is going to take a lot of time. We tried him again tonight at the 8pm feed and it was the same as last time. He took right too it but then I think he drownds himself in the milk. He's not swollowing and then breathing, he is doing both at the same time and well you know what that means. Oxygen drops and blue baby, and scared mommy. I know enough to rub his back, talk to him and move him. Even make him cry if I have to (which is a hard thing to do cause no mommy wants to "make" there wee one cry.) So we have our family meeting tomorrow and will go over his "issues" then. I know one day at a time, it's just hard to know this is the last step, and it's going to be the one that keeps him there or lets him come home.. Let's pray he can get the hang of it soon enough and we can all have Aiden home where he belongs.. With Mommy and Daddy...

No comments: