Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 24, 2006

September 24, 2006



Yesterday was a good day as was today. They started Aiden on iron suppliments today. They couldn't give it to him before because it can only be taken oral and since he wasn't eating before that wasn't possible. This should help him a lot now from being anemic. Also the cultures they sent to the lab on Friday afternoon have yet to grow out anything so I am hoping that they caught the staph infection early and it's just about gone. He has a few days left of the antibiotics and then he can have the IV out. YAY!!
Another big step is that we are moving. Or shall I say graduating.. Aiden is suppose to move to intermidiate tomorrow. I am so excited because it makes me feel like the road to getting home has gotten that much shorter. Believe me i know things can happen but right now I am living in the glory of knowing we will not be in the ICU part of the NICU and will be in the intermidiate part of the NICU. That is huge right now. My only worry is that in the "step up" room, the nurse to baby ratio is 1 to 4, which means Aiden's primary nurses may not have him as much. That I don't like. It will depend on what babies in there have primaries. A baby who is already in the "step up" who has a primary gets first dibs. So our primary staff might get bumped out..

You should have seen him tonight too. He was wide awake when I went in to hold him this afternoon, and fell asleep when I was rocking him, but he was so happy. then when we went in tonight, he was wide awake again and stayed that way for 3 hrs. Bright eyed and alert. he was watchin me and chuck while we held him and evry time a nurse walked by he's follow them and move his head to look over at them. He was so funny and so cute. It was like he didn't want to go to sleep cause he thought he was going to miss something. Finally a little after 11pm he went nighty night.

He's come so far and he still amazes me. He has been through so much and fought off so many things that even an adult would get sick of fighting. He is my little superman and I do not know what I would do with out him. If I've done anything in my life right, it has been my sons. Although I can only watch one grow up, I love them both the same, with everything I have!

I told chuck tonight that the more I see Aiden grow and change, it makes me wonder how much him and Chase would have looked like. If they would of been brothers that looked so much alike that people would sware they were twins, or if they would have been so different. We both think they would have fallen in the twin catagory. I still see Chase's little face when I close my eyes and he did look so much like Aiden. Both looked so much like there dad. Part of me feels that a little bit of Chase is in Aiden and it is our little angel who is pulling his brother through all this when he gets a little tired. He is the one getting him over the bumps when Aiden just doesn't have it in him and needs a rest. He's always watching over us as we are always missing him and sending him our love.

To my boys... I love you both more then anything in this world. Aiden keep fighting, for there is so much waiting for you.. Chase, one day I will see you again, and til then know that you are forever my big boy.. Sending you kisses on angel wings. xoxo

No comments: