Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 15, 2006

September 15, 2006

Yes I skipped a day, but it's been hectic so forgive me. Aiden is doing well but once again retaining fluid weight. As of today he is up to 5 pounds 8 1/4 ounces.. He's huge to me until I pick him up then he's still small. I know that makes no sence but it's how it is. He looks big but then you pick him up and he is still tiny. He's still eating, which we are all excited about. They have him now getting 14 cc's every four hours and if he continues to not give any back or less then 2 cc's or so then as of midnight tonight they are going to increase him again to 18 cc's then instead of increases once a day he will be increases twice a day. At that rate he will be at full feeds on Wednesday morning. Then they will hold him for a day or two before they increase the calories. That will be the next bump in the road. Calorie increases seem to put some babies in a tail spin. They don't digest as well, can spit up, or even spell. It's something to do with the fat or protein in the formula. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Aiden will be so hungry and his belly will be so happy that it will all go smooth for once. THEN once he gets to full feeds and calorie increases, he will then train on a bottle. His last step to coming home. YAY.. However I know this step is a long process. It can take weeks and weeks. I just hpe we are out of the NICU by Halloween. That is my hope... But everyday is closer to him coming home and that is a great feeling.
Tonight I didn't get to see him much or for very long. Tomorrow is my baby shower and my mom came up to stay. There is so much to do, but I had to go see Aiden. We got to stay for almost an hour and half or so, then we left. He was fussy when I was leaving and I wanted to stay. I felt so bad not being there most of the day and then leaving him when he was being a fuss bucket. I called later and the nurse said he settled down after a while and was finally sleeping, that made me feel a little better.
Tomorrow will be another crazy day. A day to celebrate Aiden and he can't be here. I know you usually have a shower when your still pregnant so the baby isn't really there anyways, but knowing he is here in the world, I wish he could be here with us too.
Well I will update more tomorrow night, let you all know how the feeds went. Right now I am off to bed, since it's past 2AM and I am being kicked out tomorrow by the "crew" at 9am. I need at least a few hours beauty sleep or I am the one who will be a fuss bucket tomorrow morning.

No comments: