Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 30, 2006

November 30, 2006

Well can you believe that it is just about December.. It is almost 2007 people, where did the year go?? Well I know where we were yesterday... Mommy (me) took Aiden to his doctor appointments. We had an appointment with pulmonary and GI, we however only made it to pulmonary. It ran late and made us miss the GI appointment so we rescheduled it for next week.
As for the pulmonary doc, well they cut Aiden's diuril to half and his potassium to half. Then tomorrow I have to call in and let them know how he is doing with that, if he is doing fine then starting Friday he is off them all together. They also cut his lasix from every other day to twice a week. We have to go back in two weeks and if all is well we will then start to ween him off the oxygen too. We'll start with a few hours a day then go to all day and he'll be on it just at night, then we will go to being off it all together. YAY.. One less thing to tape to him and drag around.
I think he will do just fine with out it. He takes it out of his nose so much now and is on such a little amount that half the time it's like he isn't on it any way. Another change was his zantac. They took him off it and put him on prilosec. He will start that today and hopefully the reflux will let up and he can eat better with out gaging and couching at times from it..

He's getting so big so fast. I pick him up now and he feels heavy, how funny is that. I love having him little but at the same time can't wait for him to grow up to see what he will look like and how he'll interact with us more. I also can't wait for him to slepe through the night. I have to say out of it all. The NICU stay, the meds, the g-tube, the lack of sleep is the hardest part. Last night Chuck stayed up with him cause I had just baout had it. I was over tired and grouchy again and for the life of me can't understand where this baby gets the energy to be up all night. I thought crying was suppose to make them tired and burn energy.. Haaaaaa
Not that I let him cry it out that often but for the love of god when this kid wants to sleep he sleeps and when he wants to be up he is UP.. The other problem we are having is he wants to be held for comfort all the time. I know in my head that it's a bad habit, but he'll just cry and cry and cry the second he is not with you. If he is tired he'll fall asleep in your arms too and you can hold him for 10 minutes or an hour it doesn't matter, he'll stay asleep until youput him down and he is WIDE awake and fussy.. So if any of you want to volenteer for the night shift come on over. I am sure me and chuck could use a few nights of normal sleep ha ha..
It makes me wonder, although I want more kids, I dunno about that.. I knew having kids was hard. I've helped friends, I did day care, but having your own at 3am when your tired and need sleep and have no one to help you is really tuff. So all of you out there who have help, make sure you thnk those people when ever you can. For all the ones who don't, well god bless you..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the no sleep thing, sister!! :) But trust me... eventually they DO sleep...it just takes longer for some than others :) Funny what you said about waking up the second you put him down... BOTH of my boys did that! It is exhausting, but he'll grow out of it. As for wanting to be held all the time... don't worry about it being a bad habit, it's not... hold him, wear him around in the sling, cuddle him... This stage is so so short... it only lasts a matter of months and then it's gone forever!
And then you will look back and miss it. I know I do! (though in the days of severe sleep deprivation I wouldn't have believed it!)