Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 05, 2006

November 5, 2006

Well I didn't go in today to see my peanut, but I called and checked on him during the day and tonight. He's doing fine they said. He lost his IV about 7am and they tried twice to get a new one in but had no luck. So the nurse decided to wait since his med was not due until 2pm she figured she'd give him a rest. The doctor then decided to change his antibiotics back to PO (bu mouth) rather then IV since his belly looked better. It is still red and still draining but not as much and surgery said they think is is bial and formula from the belly. Either way I won't rest til it heals up more and none of that yukky stuff is coming out.

However the reason I don't feel super guilty for not going in tonight is because we are a go for tomorrow. AIDEN IS COMING HOME!!!!!! Yes.. Home!!

Discharge is at 11 am so we will be there about 10. I'm sure it will take longer since I've never seen any one leave at 11.. But just the fact that tomorrow I won't have to leave with out him is super..
SO today I finished up the house, washed Aiden's laundry and put it away. Did his bedding, and got his changing pad for the table. Put the car seat base in the car (let me tell you that was a trip). And cleaned up the house with some help from Aiden's Gommie. I did a lot yesterday but today was the left over stuff. I got all his meds from the pharmacy so far and I've used his feeding pump once so i know what I'm doing. I've given him his meds, drawn them up, changed him, feed him, and cleaned his belly. SO far I'm ok with it all. Now it's just getting him home.. One night of sleep and he will be here. The funny thing is, I know I need to sleep for tomorrow is a big day, but I don't know if I'll be able too. Even Chuck chose not to go into the NICU tonight because he knew if he went in he'd stay until tomorrow morning cause he doesn't want to leave with out him. It is a bit surreal though. We have been waiting so long. It will be just about 5 months and it has just been a roller coaster ride.
Some one pinch me cause I think I'm dreaming.. My baby boy is really coming home..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wonderful moment has arrived - Aiden is coming home! Your dream becomes reality! I know that all of you will do well. You and Chuck will be in your element, finally able to totally be a Mommy and Daddy....and Aiden will thrive under your loving care. My heart sings a joyous song for you as you step over the threshold of "home" and begin your life as a family! My love is always, my prayers continue.

Anonymous said...

This is so incredible. It sounds like you have everything under control and ready to go. What a feeling it will be. Wait until you drive home with your precious cargo on board, you drive really slow :)

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and am just so, so, so happy for you. You are going to do just great! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey jess good luck with the first night home its the roughest for a new mom I know be ready to be up checking up on him every few minutes cause when i brought my daughter and son home for the first few months i used to wake up and just make sure they were breathing so i caused myself most of the sleepless nights i guess it was just the nerves lol but taking care of them especially the first few nights makes u shakey but i know you will do fine its just a new mom thing especially when you have them home for the first time and your alone with them lol enjoy those sleepless nights every precious moment of them cause then they grow up real fast and you will look back and miss that time when he grows up wishing you could go back lol sounds crazy but its true god bless you and hope aiden you and chuck have a good first night home keep me posted!! love always maritza!