Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December 6, 2006



Only 19 days until Christmas people... WOW I need to get a tree.. ha ha
Soo on to better things.. Aiden had his swollow study yesterday and technically passed thick liquid. They did not try him on thin. He didn't asperate any of the liquid into his lungs but towards the end pooled it near the opening of his wind pipe, but then directed it toward his belly like a big boy. They were very pleased with this and so was I.. No choking, couching, nothing, just down the shoot it went and right to the belly. However they chose to keep him off bottles until he doesn't have the "pooling" issue. So we will have another test in a few weeks and they will then also try him with a spoon for cereal and fruits.
I think some of it may have had to do with him just getting tired too because (and they agreed) he didn't pool until the very end and he also has a cold so he was pooped out a bit. Either way, what is a few more weeks... We did 150 days in the hospital, I can handle another 30 with no bottles and stand on my head at this rate.
...and YES you heard me he has a cold. All the keeping him in, making sure people stay away, washing hands, no kids around rules didn't stop it from coming. It's not a bad one so I am sur ethe "rules" helped out, and who knows part of it may have to do with one day it being 60 out and the next being 30. back and forth to doctor appt's causes us to be aorund sick people and kids so I am not surprised by the least. It started with the snuffly sound in his noise, which he has always had cause it's a common thing with preemies. Now it just soundsed more junky. I kept his nose clean, and lets say he just loves me for that. (He see's the boogha bulb and runs for the hills.) and we kept him cosy and warm and in doors as much as possible but on nce days did bring him out for a bit of sun and air which he LOVES.
He started to sound like he was getting a sore throut too but part of that I think has to do with theis damn reflux. Some days he is fine and other days he can throw up every other feed. That has got to do a job on your throut and I'm sure it's sore, but a little baby tylenol seems to help him no cry when he coughs.

We see the pedi today for his 6 month shots and his RSV vaccine so we will discuss the issue with him too. We did talk to the pulmonary doctors they gave him a dose of lasix yesterday to help him with the wetness and breathing (that seemed to work great) and told us that colds in babies, full term or preemies, seem to last 10 days so to hang in there and if we have any problems to let them know. To also talk to the pedi about it, which as I said I planned to do anyways.

He is now off his diuril and pottassium all together and his lasix has been cut from every other day to twice a week. We see GI tomorrow and I am thinking they will take him off his actigall too because he no longer is jaundice and seems fine, we will see what they say.

Now for meds all we have is Iron in the morning, Prilosec in the morning and at night, and Actigall in the morning and at night but like I said that may be done with as soon as tomorrow. Then his lasix twice a week.. Ahhhh so much better for his little tummy I am sure, cause who wants a belly full of meds every day.. YUK..

Well the monster (who's last weight was 11 pounds 3 ounces on Friday) is waking up again, so I am going to go tnd to my baby boy and as usual I will update you all again soon..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What amazing progress. SOrry I haven't been in touch. It's been a bit hectic here. I laughed out loud at the booger bulb, Ronin feelsthe same way when I pull that thing out. I am so happy to hear that Aiden is getting so strong and healthy (minus the cold). All the best to you and the fam.

P.S. Oh and he is getting citer by the minute! And holy 11 pounds!!! Go Aiden!

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee! The Booger Bulb! All of us parents can relate to that one! When Annabelle had her first cold she was a toddler, and she'd see it coming and start yelling "NO NO BLUE TING!!!" ("blue thing... her word for the famous bulb)

It was nice to get to see the little punkin yesterday, if only for a minute! He's getting SO big! So Precious!