Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

November 8, 2006



Well the doctor appointments for today went well. The eye doctor checked Aiden's eyes and the ROP is completely gone. Because he had laser surgery done perviously we have to now see her in 6 months, but if he never had laser she sadi tehy look so good we wouldn't have to see her for a year. WOW big change from every two weeks huh? As for the surgon, well he took a look at Aiden and said he looks good. He gave us the ok to take a tubby and not worry about the G-tube being submerged under water. He said the soap and water may do it some good, just to make sure we dry it off well. So that may be a project for tomorrow or Friday. We'll see how it goes now that I have no appointments lined up until next week. So we don't have to see the surgon again for 6 months either unless something happens to his umbilical hernia (which is very unusual for something to go wrong) we are to just watch him and see if it corrects. If it doesn't by the age of 2-3 then they will correct it for him by doing surgery.

All in all it's been a good day. Aiden has slept alot today. Partly because he was in his car seat and he seems to LOVE it and riding in the car. Partly cause he had his eye exam and he always seems to sleep a lot after one of them. Let's home he sleeps a bit longer so mamma bear can get some Zzz's too. I tried to nap a little while ago, and you'd think I'd fall asleep as soon as my head was down on the pillow but I couldn't. So I'm still awake, running on god knows what at this point. I know new moms usually only have to deal with feeding and changing diapers through out the night and not giving meds on a crazy shcedule too, but I give all new moms weather there in my shoes or someone elses, props for doing this. Cause I'll be the first to admit... IT'S HARD!!! And if your a single mom or have a man who doesn't do crap, or have twins or more, GOD BLESS YOU, cause PHEW... I'm tired.. Yes I will admit it, I am extreamly tired, but still so glad and giddy that Aiden is home. I would not trade it for anything in the world.

And although we are still not on a schedule, and I get grumpy with him, I'm very greatful I have Chuck to do this with.
So baby, I love you, and I know I get annoyed and grouchy, but I appreciate all you do and try to do. It's going to take us a while to get on track so thank you for putting up with me being a grump at times. Just don't let me try to be super women and do it all. Cause I know how I am and will try LOL! Just give me a kick in the butt and remind me I am human too.

Here are pics of Aiden all ready to go in his car seat.. Already falling asleep..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll. He looks so content now that he is at home. Isn't it amazing how they just know they are safe at home? That is so funny that he falls asleep instantly in his car seat. It truly is down hill from here and you and Chuck have done an amazing job.

I am glad you realize that you can't do it all, no one can. You don't want to wear yourself out because then what good are ya ;) Enjoy that gorgeous baby and give him a big kiss from all of us who cannot see him in person.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. So all is going well so far thats great and let me tell you thanks for the props as a single mother of 2 children it is hard as hell to juggle work my daughters school my sons daycare and his appointments so i am always run down but you get some rest and take care of that little man he has gotten big and beautiful god bless him. give him a big hug and kiss from me and bless him I pray for you and him every night.

Just remember all that hard work and lost sleep will be worth it to see your little angel grow up to be a strong healthy boy there are many milestones to come that you will enjoy and no matter how hard the road gets hang in there god tests us on a daily basis so we got to be strong and prepared.

The road ahead may not be easy but hey who said life was. All that matters is you give your son all your love and attention and just think of how much he will apprecitate it when he is old enough to understand when you tell him what he has been through. Just stay strong its not easy I am still trying to stand on my two feet with my 5 year old and 2 year old who as you know is sick himself and if I can make it even though i am a single mom and its rough I know you can girl so keep in touch and stay strong all the trouble is worth it. Your always in my prayers!!