Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 27, 2006

November 27, 2006




Yes it's been a bit of time since I have popped on to write, but to be honest, not much has happened, which can be a good thing. Early Intervention didn't show up last week, but came today. However it was all paper work stuff, they will work with Aiden on the next visit to assess him and see where he is for his age. They go by his actual age and not his corrected age so we know he won't be doing what other 5 and a half month old babies do, but that is fine with me. One day at a time. He'll do fine as time goes on, I am sure...

As for us, well sleep is still a factor. We've come to get down a bit or a routine of sleeping in shifts. It seems as when Aiden is sleeping I am not tired and that is usually when Chuck sleeps if it's during the day. Then at night if Aiden is up Chuck is usually up with him. I try to go to bed by 2am unless CHuck is tired then I am up til 4 and sleep when he gets up til about 9 or so.
Then I am usually up with Aidenor doing the other things that need tobe done around here. Chuck goes back to sleep at about 9 or 10 til 2 or 3 and goes into work for 3:30-4. He is usually home about 10 or 10:30 and will sometimes crash for a few hours. Then I go in for my sleep time.. Some days it just doesn't seem like enough though, but you got to do what you got to do.

Aiden on the other hand is doing well. I thinkhe is developing a reflux issue all of a sudden, which sicks cause usually they get it and grow out of it. He seems to be growing into one. Hopefully it will not last long. He works through it on his own and some times will spit up and other times if I pat his back it helps. It still makes me nervous and freaks me out sometimes. I am hoping at his next appointment they can start him on something that will help. He is on Zantac but ironiclly when they started him on Zantac is when he started having this problem.

We have a GI appointment on Wed and we also see the Pulmonary doctor too. We are going to start to ween him off his Diuril and his Lasix soon, then off the oxygen.

Well that is the latest news.. Oh and before I forget.. The chubba weighed in today at 10 lbs 13 1/2 oz... Geeeeeeeesh..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me or email me, and we'll talk reflux! Theo has always had it and what you said about zantac was so familiar! Theo has been on SO many meds, and most have either done nothing or made him worse! We've recently been trying some new stuff, which I won't go into here, lest this comment be longer than the post :)
and your attitude about EI is great... even full-term babies don't all do things "on schedule" (umm, Hello Harry?) and some preemies do (my friend Susan's baby was like this... we joked that she didn't get the memo that she was a preemie!) By the time they are applying for their first job, no one will care if they learned to sit up at 5 months or 10 months!