Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 17, 2006

November 17, 2006






All is well so far. We had a GI appointment and a pulmonary appointment on Wed and both went smooth. Long but smooth. GI said his g-tube looks fine. It's still a little pink but looks ok just to make sure after it's washed and after tubby time that we dry it really well. Pulomnary said Aiden looks good and that we are looking in a few weeks, probably about 2, to start weening him off some of his meds and the oxygen may be gone by the new year. Starting the next appointment we will be allowed to take Aiden off his oxygen a few hrs a day and increase that until he is off all day and only on at night. Then he will eventually come off it all together.
To be honest, he really doesn't need it. He does fine with out it and even took a tubby today with out being hooked up. I had to retabe the tube to his cheeks so i figured I'd take it off wash him up get him dressed and retape. He did great as I expected. Oh and the pulmonary doctor had the health care company send us a sat monitor. Funny how we asked for one whenleaving the NICU and they said no and then with out asking we get one. Hopefully now Chuck will feel ok taking a nap while I am sleeping it Aiden falls asleep too. He's like me and likes to stay awake if the other is sleeping so we can keep an eye on him. It's hard after 5 months in the NICU there is always that little what if in the back of your mind.

He really is awesome though. Being a mom is great. Granted I am tired and poor and some times stressed out but to just sit and look at him and know we created that. It's just amazing and blows my mind. People have babies everyday, but i don't think they ever really sit back and think Oh My God, I just made a new person. I just created someone who previously never exsisted. It's just strange and awesome and surreal.
I sit and watch him sleep and watch him wake up. Watch him look around and figure things out. I wonder what he is thinkind and if he can hear me when I talk to him (that's still a possiblility he can't) and he just keeps me in awe. Every second I love him more and more and everyday I fall in love with him all over again.

I took some pictures today when I gave him a bath this morning and put on his new duds... This kid has more clothes then Ralph Lauren.. HA HA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaah! Pictures of Aiden awake!! (ha-ha) Oh what a sweetie! Both you and Chuck must be in 7th Heaven having him home with you. I can't wait to see him. I'm very happy to hear that he is doing so well at home, but then, I believed that it wouldn't be any other way! You're in your element now and he will surely thrive from all the positive energy surrounding him. And even though you speak of being tired, I'm willing to bet it's a different tired than when you were running back and forth to the hospital all those months. This is a "good tired".....one that you welcome because it means that your baby is home! My prayers continue for you all and I send along lots of love, hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Yawning Nekkid baby in the tub!! TOO CUTE!!! Oh my goodness I can't wait for Theo to stop sniffling so I can visit that precious baby without fear of spreading cooties:)
You wrote so eloquently about the joys of being a mom... all of it is SO true! I've been a mom for 6 and a half years now, and I STILL love to just sit and watch them sleep! Our children are the greatest gift in the world, and we must always remember that, remember how very blessed we are to have them!