Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 02, 2006

November 2, 2006

Well a minor change today. Our coming home dayis now Monday. We had the training with the company that supplies the oxygen and G-tube stuff and that went well. So since on week ends they have an on call number it is better that Aiden comes home monday so if we need the company to com out for "anything" they can. On a Sunday it would be more difficult. So one extra day but I'm ok with that.
He was a bit fussy today here and there. i tink his tummy is sore and he doens't know why. They started him on antibiotics too cause his g-tube spot is a bit red and they rather be safe then sorry. However it is a med he can take through the tub. An oral antibiotic so no IV's and no prolong stays at the NICU.

I am very excited about Aiden coming home, but it's sad to leave his primary team that I have come to love. I may get in trouble for saying there real names here but so be it. We are out of there soon and if someone gets up set for me saying good things about there staff then oh well.

With that said I want to say Thank You to Aiden's Nurses...

Julie.. You have been Aiden's voice when we couldn't be. You've protected him like he was your own and we love you for that. I don't think I would have made it through the NICU stay with out you in our life. I will miss you more then you will know and hope you keep in touch with us. It makes me cry just typing this.

Betsy.. Thank you for being you. You made our stay at the NICU so much easier. You have a personality that many nurses should have. Thank you for falling in love with Aiden and taking such good care of him. We will all miss you..

Lillian.. You rock! Aiden's other protector. Thank you for so much for always standing up for our peanut when we couldn't be there. I will miss you and can't wait to visit.

Christine.. Maybe it was the hormones (ha ha) but you cared for Aiden like he was your growing baby. Thank you for all you did for him..

Kathleen.. You were there the night Aiden got really sick and got us through that. It means so much. THank you for all you've done.

** You all have done so much for us and Aiden, and yes I know "it's your job" but as I said today, some people do there job and some people so there job and much more.
I've grown very close to some of you and will miss you so much. You will always be remembered and I will forever be greatful. I thank you form the bottom of my heart for all you have done. Not just taking care of Aiden, but in so many ways taking care of me.
My heart hurts and misses you guys already, but I know this new road will so be worth it. I hope you will keep in touch with us and watch Aiden grow big and strong.. Again THANK YOU!!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the men and woman who work in ICU and in all the hospitals around the world deserve a round of applause - thanks for honouring them (oops, was that a Canadian spelling?). Jess, you made me cry again tonight. You are such a kind and special person. I'll bet you've touched those you spoke of tonight just as much as they've touched you. 3 more sleeps my dear. I am thinking of you every day.

Anonymous said...

As I have tears in my eyes, but yet a smile on my lips, my outloud "wows" & "thank yous" to the man upstairs that heard our prayers all these many weeks makes this the sweetest miracle yet...we still have a journey lil Aiden, Jess and Charles, but with the strenght your son has, it's gonna be a GREAT journey. Jess, thank you for this journal, I'm sure it has touched so many lives, including the nurses you speak of who lived this with you daily,and for being an amazing friend at the same time you were supermom. My thoughts and prayers will never end for you and you family. Love, hugs and kisses. :)