Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30, 2006



It's been a nice week.. We had a wonderful Christmas and santa was very good to us all. We got thebest present ever. To have Aiden home with us..

Aiden is getting huge, he is now 13 pounds 12 .5 ounces. Now weare just waiting for another growth spurt to gain some inches so he can grow tall like his daddy.
We celebrated Nonny's birthday yesterday (my mom) and spent time with her and my god mother who is visiting from Georgia, which was nice. The other day we visited our friend Beau from the NICU. He's getting big too, but Aiden now has a pound on him. It use to be the other way around so it's kinda funny to me. In the end it will all come out in the wash I am sure. To see them together is just amazing though. To know how tiny they were and how good they are doing now.

Aiden has also come off his oxygen. Technically we are suppose to still be on the ween, and up to about 6 hrs a day off and on while he is sleeping. However for the life of me I can't keep it on his face. Tape doesn't work anymore cause he just pulls it off. I can put mittens on him, but he learns to wiggle them off to so he can then pull the tube off his face. If he decides to let it be, then he just wiggles and wiggles until the oxygen canula is above his nose and not in it. So at this point, since I've monitored his sats and he has always been 97 to 100% (usually 100%) even while sleeping, I just let him be. Even his nurse said he looks great and sounds fine.

I'll probably get hell from some people who read this thinking what is she doing, but honestly, Aidenw asn't on the oxygen for trouble breathing. It was a precaution so he didn't get pulmonary hypotension, which he doesn't have.
He truly is doing great and all in all been off the better part of the time since christmas.

We are also still working with our fruit and veggies and cereal. It's helping so much. He does wonderful with a spoon and eating and it help tie him over til the next feeding since formula just isn't cutting it anymore. YES this is another thing I have not gotten the green light for yet. BUT as some people say, no one knows my baby like me and it's true. The doctors know some stuff but they are not with him 24 hrs a day like I am. They don't see what I see.
If he had a problem trying to eat, or swollow and breathing, then obviously I wouldn't give it to him. BUT he doesn't.. He eats like a normal new born does, swollows then takes a breath, just like we would. I am assuming that on the 17th (his next swollow study) he is going to ACE it.. Since he basiclly passed the last one, but they wanted to wait for his cold to clear before they gave the green light and chose to give it 6 weeks and do another study, I think he is going to sail through and laugh at them. He's just come so so far and accomplished so so much. I still look at him and cry because I am so proud and just love this little man so much. He truly is awesome, and wonderful and my world is a better place for having him in it.

Here are the pics from the other day when we visited Beau. They both fell asleep near the xmas tree. It was the cutest thing..

And to everyone who follows us, Have a wonderful safe and happy new year!! Can you believe it is going to be 2007 already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a champ! You know him best, so trust your instincts. Look how well her has done. When I started Ronin on Rice Cereal, the one I found was best was made by Healthy Times. Here is a link: http://www.healthytimes.com
Look under Brown rice Cereal. It has a great consistency and it's organic and whole grains, so very good for baby. Just thought I'd share that with ya :) I am glad to see that Santa was good to you guys. Thanks for updating us on your little Superman.

Happy New Year!!!