Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 07, 2007

April 7, 2007




Well Aiden passed his swallow study on Thursday, and I knew he would, but they had a heck of a time getting him to drink that bottle. He drank off the spoon, he drank from a cup, but every time they put the bottle in his mouth, he's suck like his binki, realize something was coming out of it and want NO part of it. THe girl said he is stubborn and at the age that if he has no interest in something, then he isn't going to do it. SO! it's onward with training with the sippy cup so we can get him to drink enough and have the g-tube out. Since the only reason at this point for the tube is to get him fluids.. UGH!!

He's come so far though, and I look back at pictures and think of everything we have gone through and it still makes my jaw drop. For all we have battled we should be some of the strongest people in the world. Well if that saying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, is true.

Easter is tomorrow so for all who celebrate it, Happy Bunny Day!, We will be going to Nonny's house (my moms) for dinner and time with the family. I just wish the weather was better. It is finally at the end of RSV season (Aiden gets his last shot next week) and it's so cold out that it makes you just want to stay inside. No kid should have to still wear a winter hat in April.. Grrrr
That's not to say I don't take him out, cause he loves the outside, but I just wish it was warm and sunny, not cold wet and 40 degrees. Enough already Mother Nature, bring on the sun..

I also took some more pictures, so here they are... I now he's cute huh.. LOL
I'm such a proud mommy.. but who wouldn't be.. I still can't believe in 2 months he will be 1. My little man will be a year old. Being such a preemie though he is still smaller the the "normal" 1 yr old, so I get my "little" babu for a little bit longer.. Hey, I don't want him to grow up too fast, and it does happen really fast.. I use to listen to moms say it all the time, and it did seem as kids would grow so quick, but when it's your kid it seems even faster..
And just think, two more coming.. Three in diapers.. WOW will we be BUSY!!! (and poor) LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an angel face. You guys have been through a lot and you should be very proud of how strong you are and how well you handled everything. I am glad to hear you are on "the morning sickness meds", you need all the help you can get :)

Happy Easter to you and your little bunny. Take care and thanks for the update with new pictures!!!

Name: Jen said...

I saw your post on Sarah's "Life at 45 degrees" blog, and wanted to wish you luck on your pregnancy and upcoming cerclage. I lost two babies in the second trimester - one at 17 weeks, another at 19 weeks, and when I got pregnant again, had a cerclage placed in week 16, which is when I started keeping my own blog. The cerclage(along with a number of other treatments) has worked a miracle. I am now 37 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl, and anxiously awaiting her arrival. If you have any questions about the cerclage or the rest of the pregnancy, please feel free to email me at jhowsie@hotmail.com.