Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23, 2007

Bottles, Cups, Straws... We have tried it all..

For a year we have tried different things and all it took was bringing home some babies. ha ha
As funny as it sounds I just had a feeling from him seeing his sisters take a bottle that maybe, just maybe, he would try it.

So I put some chocolate silk in a bottle (that is what mommy drinks and he likes it too) and handed it to Chuck. After the look I got I said to him, just give it to him I want to see what he does.
Can you believe he took an ounce and a half.
Now I know to any new people reading this, that is not a lot, but if you've been around with us for a while then you know for Aiden it's fantastic. He has been really good with it since. He won't really hold the bottle on his own very well but if you hold it with him he'll drink from it. So far, chocolate soy milk, regular whole milk, and water. He has also done really well with the juice box type cup we were training him with. he know can suck up the straw.

Let's just say with all this, when his OT showed up on Thursday morning last week she was siked. She said we made her month. THAT'S MY BOY!!!! Making people happy..

So now if we can get him to take the cup with a straw or a bottle (either one) on a regular basis then BYE BYE G-TUBE!!!! Now that is music to the ears...

As for him adjusting to the girls, well it took a bit. A few days went by and he was use to Morgan being here, then we added Riley to the mix. I'm sure he must of been thinking "what the hell" "are they going to get one of these things every week??"
But so far so good. No super major break downs. i will say he has been a little more clingy and his sleep schedule is all messed up (not due to the girls making noise, it's just he now decides he doesn't want to go to sleep) but I am hoping we get him back on track. He was already a kid who went down late (usually by 10:30pm) but the last 5 days he has been nuts and you have to fight with him to get him to pass out by 1am, sometimes 2.. Grrrrrrrr

As you can imagine this is not adding to us getting any sleep and with Daddy going back to work on Monday (cringe) it's going to be a rough week alone with 3 little ones.. I'm sure I'll have a few breakdowns.

Speaking of which, Aiden is in his swing (yes at 16 months he still loves the thing) and is over tired, talking to himself and every so often yelling out a fake cry like I'm beating him. That is what he does when he is super tired.. So I am going to attempt to get him into bed before 10:30 which gives me a little over an hour and we will see how it goes..

Aiden and Daddy at the Pumpkin Festival...


Waiting for Mommy to give me a fry...


I got one... haaa haaaa


Going for a walk with my Mommy and my sisters..
And.... We're Off!!!!

No comments: