Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 18, 2007




Well blogger was not working right for me to post yesterday so for anyone waiting to hear the news I'm sorry about that.

As I assumed Aiden would pass the study, he did just that for thick liquids. He did however have have trouble with thin. He didn't asperate it into his lungs which was good, but it went all over. I was up his nose, in his mouth, down his throat. He got flustered and irritated. So this means he can have a bottle but we have tothicken the formula with either thick-it or rice cereal. As for thin liquids, well we have to go back in about 3 months and have another study done.
WE also go back to GI in 3 months too. Aiden is currently off all meds besides prilosec, and doing really well. His weight was 14 pounds 14 ounces and he is now...(drum roll please) 22 1/2 inches, which means he grew an inch and a half in the past month.. Yipppeeeeee

We asked the swallow team to book the study BEFORE we see GI so if he passes we can then make plans to not change out Aiden's G-tube to a "mickey" but to make plans to get it out all together. By the way a "mickey" is a tube that is flatter to the skin and not as bulky as the peg tube he has. It's wat kids get when they are gooing to have them longer then 6 months. Since our swallow will be at the 6 month mark, I want it before at least a week before we go to the GI appointment so that way we can have a little time to see how he does with the thin liquid.

My hopes are that once I can find a nipple he can actually get the formulat and cereal out of, he will then take his feeds by bottle with no problems and we won't even have to worry about the tube at all... Please all keep your fingers crossed and Aiden in those daily prayers.

As for other news, well I go back to work on the 29th, which is bitter sweet. It will be nice to be around people and get out of the house, but it is already killing me knowing I can't take Aiden with me. In some ways it's a break from the daily grind of being a stay at home mom which is a lot of work, but it's a break that I'm not so sure I want now. I'm afraid I'm going to miss all the little things he does while I am at work. On the flip side, we need the money and have finally gotten to the bottom of the barrel of anything I have managed for us to save up. Thank god for Chuck working or we would never make it, so I know for a time I have to go back, but it's killing me inside.

I'm posting new pics taken just a few minutes ago of baby Hef.. LOL in his Hugh Heffner robe.. HA HA (thank you auntie shelly for the robe and slippers... all I need now is my pipe..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't he be surrounded by "bunnies"??? So sweet! Funny though, now that I have actually seen him and held him and talked to him, I feel a stronger emotional attachment when I view the photos. Can't help but love the child! (And his mom and dad!) As always, I send my love with continued prayers for all of you.