Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007



Happy 7 Months to my Chunky Monkey!!
Who by the way is doing wonderful. Now that we no longer have the visiting nurse coming we will have to wait for his doctor appointments to find out his weight. His last appt he weighed in at 15 pounds 2 ounces BUT she weighed him with his clothes on and a full pee pee diaper. I was hoping she'd weigh him after I changed him but she didn't. His real weight was no were near 15 pounds considering he was just 13 lbs 12 1/2 ounces 5 days earlier and has had his calories cut down.
We'll see what they get for a weight on the 17th, but I have to say he does feel so much heavier then he use to a few months ago. Now you NEED a little muscle to pick him up. HA HA
He's doing fabulous eating from a spoon and we have now moved to stage 2 foods so he has more of a variety, although I realized today we still have not tried peas or green beans.. I guess we will have those for dinner and see if he likes them.
The 17th is the swallow study and I assume as does everyone else at this point he will have no problems. If he can eat from a spoon he should be ale to drink from a bottle. I also think a bottle will be better. With the G-tube he is not learning nothing. He now knows when he is hungry he cries and then he gets fed. He knows what to do as fas as taking it off the spoon and swallowing it and knows to keep his mouth shut when he doesn't want any more. With the g-tube however it just goes into his belly and it seems that even when he has had the entire does he still wants a bit of something before he will settle and know he is full. It's not that the formula isn't filling him up, it's more like he needs that oral sensation of something in his mouth and to swallow for something to click and say "ok I'm good I'm full".. Does that make sense cause it's the best I can explain it.
As for learning, well EI will be coming 2 times a month starting in a few weeks or so. He's done better with standing up now when being held, before he'd just sit, he didn't want to stand at all. He's done better with recognizing toys and swatting at them to make them move. He has a really good grip, which he has always had, and is now starting to put his hands to his mouth more. Even once today he held his binki and fixed it when it was falling out.

Another awesome moment was I got him to laugh out loud for the first time the other day. i was so happy I cried. He probably thought I was nuts but it was the best moment. last night he made me laugh too cause he was taking a tubby and i sware when he is in there he thinks he is an olympic swimmer. The kid is all over the place, splashing and kicking and just loving it. He actually cries when i take him out cause he wants to stay in longer..

He is truly awesome and amazing and very attached to his mommy and daddy. It's funny to see him somedays want me and only me and other days want daddy time. He loves people and doesn't seem scared of new faces yet but I am sure that will come later.. Speak of the devil, he just woke up from his 30 m in nap so I will catch you all later (with some pictures too)

Ok I came back on to post a few pictures one from Aug 7 and a one from today Jan 11. In both Aiden has his little teddy bear. You can finally see just how much he has grow with the bear in both pictures..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE those pics! Seeing the "then and now" pics together like that really is a very potent reminder of just what a little miracle baby he is! He's such a cute little bug!!! I need to get downstairs to visit him more often! :)