Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

June 6, 2007

Ok It's official, I am tired of doctors saying my kid has a funny shaped head.. Grrrrr
His damn head is fine.. Sorry to be so rude, but enough already. First it was funny shaped when he came home from the NICU in November from sleeping on his back so much. Even though they rotate the babies, Aiden always found his spot and didn't care how they moved him. Once home he did the same for a while then started to sleep in all different positions. Now he doesn't even sleep on his back often. He may fall asleep like that for a second but 99.9% of the time he sleeps either on his left side or his right and always alternates. His head is "normal" in my eyes and he has a tiny flat spot on the back. Nothing that effects him and once he gets more hair you won't even see it. Even if he grows up and has really short hair.
Believe me I am very idiotic about things like that. i know people are mean, and so are kids and I don't want there to be ANY reason anyone can pick on my kid. Even his g-tube I cover so people don't ask questions or stare. Well questions I could handle, it people who stare and don't ask that bother me, as they would anybody I think. So if his head were odd, I'd be the first to say something. Trust me, in the NICU I commented about it all the time to Chuck, to his nurses, to anyone who saw him. No one wants a messed up melon.

NOW TODAY the neurology doctor noticed the flat spot. Ok fine, and then the 2nd doctor comes in (there is always two) and he says yes i see what you mean. He said something about this head being funny shaped and flat on the top and something about the sides.. (to be honest I was so annoyed by this it sounded like the teacher on the peanuts going whaa whaa whaa) Thank god Chuck was with us. Then they decided that he will be sent to see a special doctor who deals with helmets and kids with funny shaped heads.. (believe it or not that was the doctors words) He the asked if anyone in our family had funny shaped heads like Aiden.. Unn ok, what are you seeing that i don't. So Chuck said well i have a flat spot, and then i said my mom does too, but neither on I think looks funny. Y.ou can't even tell

AGAIN his head is not funny... I have posted a ton of pictures of him on here that people see all the time, we just saw his NICU nurse yesterday, everyone I know sees him all the time and No one thinks he has a funny shaped melon. AND the top of his head is fine, and NOTHING is wrong with the sides..

Is it me? Am I just not seeing it because it's my child? But if that is the case, why do so many other people agree with me.

So with that said, we got an appt with the "head doctor" lol this Friday. She had someone cancel on her so she put us in. If not for that it would be a few months. They have a cut off for helmets which is 12 months of age because by then it's so much harder to fix, but for a preemie they go by there "adjusted age" so Aiden still has time. Although I have talked to his E.I. worked and she knows kids older that have had helmets and they worked.

Either way I don't want him to have one but if there going to do it then I wish they would just get it done. From what I am told it would be about 8 weeks he'd have to wear it for it to "round" his head to a "perfect" head.. I can live with that.. I can't live with anymore talk of my baby having a funny head, when I think it's ok..

Ok i am done ranting..

Other then that, the appt went well. The doctor thought he was doing awesome, and right on target for his corrected age as for following and tracking things, for transfering things from one hand to the other and grabbing the things he wanted from the doctor. He said as for sitting up he seems to be getting it and with a little more time he'll do fine. With crawling he said do not be surprised if he doesn't crawl, he really thinks Aiden is going to bypass crawling and just go to walking. I guess we will see. The only other thing we need to work on his muscle tone in his legs. He has lots of muscle but is a little tight still so we got to work him out and loosen him up a bit. Being tight is common for preemies and more common with preemies who have had brain bleeds (most 24 weekers do)..

To sum it all up, he is a happy healthy baby boy turning 1 on June 11, (adjusted age will be exactly 8 1/2 months). He is a wonderful son, and loved more then anything in the world. He is a joy to us and so many people and doing things on his own time schedule as far as I am concerned. And he has plenty of time..

No comments: