Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24, 2008

Today has been a rough day.. It was my first day back to work after 8 months of being home on either bed rest due to being pregnant with the twins and then extended maternity leave. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with my kids and family.
Then I got the phone call.. My dad passed away today..
Ironically he told me on Friday when he came home from the hospital that not to worry, he knew Monday was my first day back to work and he would wait til Monday to pass so i would get my four free days off. Both me and my mom have state jobs serving the public and get four days off paid for the death. My dad thought it was funny and I told him to shush cause he wasn't going any place just yet.. Boy did he know something cause I got out of work at 2pm and he passed at 2:30pm

Me an my dad had our differences but he was still my dad and the one thing I can say is that no matter how he treated us kids he made up for some of it with the way he treated mine. He loved my kids and enjoyed Aiden more then any kid I have ever seen him around. It kills me that Aiden will not remember that.

In memory of my dad I am posting and old pictur I took with my cell phone camera. It was when Aiden was littler and I didn't get a chance to take a recent one. It's bad quality but it's all I have.

I love you dad, and thank you for being my Daddy!


3 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

Jess, I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I am thinking about you. Even though Aiden will not remember your Dad, I am glad you got to see them together. I hope you'll hold on to those memories always.

Jennifer said...

Oh Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad - if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here.

Hold onto the pictures/memories - they're priceless.

jenfrp said...

Jess,

It has been too long since I have left a note. I'm sorry - life is crazy busy (I say this to you! Ha!). I am so sorry for your loss Jess. That photo you posted is beautiful. So real - just pure love. It is my pleasure to read your blog. I am fully up to date now and so appreciate all you go through as a mommy. You deserve a serious pat on the back. Please kiss those kids for me. I'll send you a pic of mine too - are you on Facebook? Lots and lots of love from Canada. Jen and Ronin (and now Zaya). Will send an email soon.