Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 04, 2008

February 4, 2008

We lost weight!!! That is a first, and I will chalk it up to Aiden's cold but we are now 24.2 pounds... I'm also chalking it up to the cold and MAYBE a few new teeth coming that Aiden hasn't been eating oh so well this week. Even the things he LOVES he sometimes won't budge after a few bites. From the look of things, his two front teeth look like they are pushing there way through the gums. They are not yet at the bottom to push through or feel ridges, but you can see the "bumps" there. If they're anything like the two bottom teeth, they will take forever for the final cut through.

Other then that, I think his cold might be on it's way out (knock on wood), he seems to not cough so much which is good, and the fact that I have had two humidifiers running in my small little apartment 24 hrs a day on and off with vicks in them seems to have helped us all.
Mr Man also got his RSV shots today. I know its for his own good but I'll be happy next year when he doesn't have to get jabbed with two needles every month, not to mention if he has to get any other vaccines.

We have a few more appointments this month too. We see the eye doctor on Monday the 11th and then I made an appointment with GI to talk about and schedule Aiden to FINALLY have his G-tube out!! YES OUT!!!! The doctors told me before once he was drinking a normal amount on his own and staying hydrated then we can have it out. They don't usuallu like to take them out during winter in case a kid gets a cold, it's the easiest way to get them liquids with out forcing them to drink when they are sick. BUT since Aiden just had his first cold ever in 19 months and did fine drinking and I haven't used his G-tube since November I think it's time.
On a good day he'll drink 24 ounces on a bad 12 ounces, and some days more then 24. Either way he's done fine keeping hydrated and healthy so we will see what GI says.. This I am so excited for this. I can't wait for him to have this thing removed for good.

He's also walking so much more and so much better. He's so cute when he does it that i can't help but smil ear to ear and he is so proud of himself. He's such a happy kid and loves to laugh. I look forward to him talking more and more in the future too.

We are currently on the waiting list for the new EI place. I'm hoping it happens soon and doesn't take forever. I have a feeling it's going to take a while and by the time they get things going and we get a routine running we will have found a house and be moving, then we'll have to do this all over again and it's going to Aiden who suffers. That just sucks!! I want him to get the services he needs and should get and not have to wait weeks on end for the "system" to kick into action and get there crap together.

No comments: